Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is there something like that for teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
just found cool transaxle models on a german Porsche forum

can anybody make something similar teener-style?

Gustl
another

Gustl
the basics:

boxstr
I have a couple in cloth, they are the pattern for the pillow cars. I have one 914.
CCLINPILLOWTALK
jmargush
There is a small one in the current Automobile magazine with the Jag on the front
bd1308
i want a 914 pillow!!!!!!!
jd74914
Heres the paper version. My dad has a really old Mid America Motorsports catalog (circa 1976, it was PB Tweeks then) and it had 914 pillows in it. Of course it also has charlon kits and all sorrts of other goodes.

Here's the paper car:
bd1308
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Mar 11 2005, 02:59 PM)
Heres the paper version. My dad has a really old Mid America Motorsports catalog (circa 1976, it was PB Tweeks then) and it had 914 pillows in it. Of course it also has charlon kits and all sorrts of other goodes.

Here's the paper car:

i made one of those already.....it looks okay...i think i need to re-glue the battery tray though laugh.gif
Brent
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 11 2005, 12:34 PM)

You mean like this? Mine's about 10 years old. The best part is the tires come out (one pillow per front and back) and make for great neck support.
bd1308
QUOTE (Brent @ Mar 11 2005, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 11 2005, 12:34 PM)

You mean like this? Mine's about 10 years old. The best part is the tires come out (one pillow per front and back) and make for great neck support.

yes!!!!! i'm jealous....anybody have a extra for sale?
Gustl
found more detailed / high grade paper models:
Gustl
lambo
Gustl
old Tyrrell F1 - only for advanced constructors laugh.gif

Gustl
2nd w00t.gif
GWN7
Last 914 pillow I saw sell on Ebay went for almost $200....I dropped out at $100 blink.gif
Gustl
hmmmm ... call me stupid, but wouldn't it be easily possible to print the nice picture from jd74914 onto textile and make your own 914 pillow idea.gif

sounds like about $20 and a couple of hours work confused24.gif

EDIT: to someone who's familiar to needlework rolleyes.gif
GWN7
You have to have extra material to make the seams. The seams would then have to be reverse sewn to make the panels line up and look clean. (mom used to teach sewing)

Then there is the problem of the underside and wheels. You couldn't leave them open or the stuffing would fall out.....
Andyrew
LINK LINK!!

I want to make some of these... Especially in pillow form...!!!

Add a little "customization" to it and Bam!!

Andrew
jd74914
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Mar 11 2005, 02:41 PM)
hmmmm ... call me stupid, but wouldn't it be easily possible to print the nice picture from jd74914 onto textile and make your own 914 pillow idea.gif

sounds like about $20 and a couple of hours work confused24.gif

EDIT: to someone who's familiar to needlework rolleyes.gif

i'm sure it could be done. i'd try it but i have no sewing skills whatsoever. dry.gif and with the resolution of that pic I bet it can be blown up much bigger.
Gustl
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 12 2005, 12:28 AM)
LINK LINK!!

I want to make some of these... Especially in pillow form...!!!

Add a little "customization" to it and Bam!!

Andrew

o.k. - I've found some links for you wink.gif

Dakar Racing in 1/43

Volkswagen Racing Team in 1/43

you can download a couple of PDFs, start browsing at the mainpage http://www.racepaper.de/

there's another homepage to this topic with lots of PDFs at http://www.streetpaper.de/

one more, even in english: paper models

unfortunately I can't find Porsche models unsure.gif
Gustl
I just made the model from jd74914 w00t.gif
unfortunately my handicrafts abilities are not so good ... unsure.gif

it's about 1/20

Gustl
back angle

ArtechnikA
okay - here's on mine. i mounted it on little jackstands so we could all relate better...

what's special about mine is that the 914/6 conversion was performed by Margie Smith-Haas personally - with 5-lug suspension upgrade from an early Turbo pillow...

it is yellow like the big car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.