Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Row Call: GGR AutoX #1
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
Row call for GGR AutoX #1. Tomorrow at Candlestick. Who's going to be there?

I know a lot of the regulars won't make it. Pickerings, Randall, Andy, Nathan, etc

I'll be there bright and early setting up.

Demick
Jenny
Gonna shoot for making it if I can just keep tranny fluid inside my tranny.

[fingers crossed] Jen
Trekkor
Until they repave/reseal the lot, I'm out.

Have fun, be safe, see ya at the Marina. wink.gif

KT
Demick
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 11 2005, 12:12 PM)
Until they repave/reseal the lot, I'm out.

Awww, you're just spoiled by Alameda and Marina. Candlestick is still a great site. 10x better than GGF or the Sherrifs Training Facility in Dublin.

Besides, where else can you set up a 110mph autox??!!

Demick
Randal
10x better than GGF or the Sherrifs Training Facility in Dublin.

No question about GGF, but I personally liked Dublin. Wasn't big, but the courses were always fun and it didn't tear up the car like Candlestick.

BTW it was fun being with students two weeks ago at the stick out on the course. The amazing thing was to watch the boxers out on the rough part of the track... their suspensions looked like watching one of those SpeedVison truck races over obstacles.

Demick
Agreed, Dublin is fun and has a good surface - but can only accomodate 60 or so cars.

For whatever reason, my car likes Candlestick. It always seems to stick way better than I expect given the surface and the bumps.

Demick
kermit
See you all there, rise and shine!
Randal
my car likes Candlestick

It's because you have a suspension that soaks up the bumps.....

Sort of like those boxers that I was describing.

But your right about the stick - it's huge and gives the course designer many, many different road surface variables.

Have fun tomorrow.
Andyrew
Work work work work.... sad.gif
Steve_7x
No can do... I am putting my vehicle back together and busting a few knuckles... good luck all!

Steve
Demick
Hey Steve - saw your car on it's trailer in front of Yeamans yesterday afternoon. Looked pretty put-together to me.

Demick
Jenny
count me out... sad.gif

Jen
nebreitling
damn engine.
nine14cats
I like Candlestick....it's got alot of beer bottles and gravel, but I like it none the less. The elevation changes, potholes and glass really make it interesting. It's the same reason I like to challenge myself at Golden Gate fields. You really have to find the line when you're dealing with all of that.

It's alot of fun! Really! biggrin.gif

Especially when you're at redline in 3rd gear on the long back side....

Bill P.
Demick
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Mar 11 2005, 07:36 PM)
Especially when you're at redline in 3rd gear on the long back side....

Bill

You must not have been at the one where we hit 5000rpm in 4th going down the long back side. Now that was a fast autox!

Demick
EdwardBlume
Candlestick is a great long course site, or fast course site. Hope it will be there when I make my comeback in 2008.
Steve_7x
Demick...

I picked up the car Thursday - the drivetrain was out. That is now installed (today). Still need to do a bunch more - I can't wait to get it running driving.gif

See you all soon!

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.