Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One ball joint wont budge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Im using a Big Ass Pipe Wrench (BAPW) and I got the drivers side off fine, but the passenger side wont bugde. I have PB Blaster. I dont want to pull the car off the jack stands, or break the A-Arm. Heat? Mr T? sad2.gif
EdwardBlume
I had a similar problem with the CV joint from the half shaft to the tranny. I spent nearly an hour trying to get it, and ended up turning the outer wheel 180 degrees and it came off easily.

Good luck.
Bleyseng
I used a drift and a bfh, like a 3lb maul. Both came right off, didn't even hurt the nuts, but I put on new ones anyway cuz of DWD.
Remember, righty tighty-lefty loosey

Guy across the street was working on his Jeep and couldn't get this nut off. He asked me to look at it and of course one hard pull and it was off. He was going the wrong friggin way.

Geoff
ChrisReale
I got it off, the fucker. I was digging through the neighbor hood alleys, and I found a pipe about three feet long, used as abreaker bar, and it finally gave. gunner.gif
Brad Roberts
I cant tell you how easy they are with a simple air chisel and a cheap compressor. I dont even think about them anymore... I can talk on my cell phone and "knock" those off in 10 seconds..LOL

I even own the proper tool somewhere...

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.