Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 to 2250
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Bryan
First full day of a new 914 experience. I went from a stock 2.0 FI to a carbed 2250 and what a difference! I can't believe the torque and how it pulls. SO MUCH FUN! So I'm in the break-in period. The engine builder gave me some driving advice to break in the rings and he is a believer in "the lazy driving equals a lazy engine" theory. Just hold off buzzing it to 6,000, but if I need too, don't hold back!

I know there will be carb tinkering in my future, but for now this is a blast. Im gonna be looking for advice on jetting to take care of a small stumble going from part throttle to half throttle. If I mash it, it pulls clean, if I ease into it, there is a small hesitation.

Welcome to carb world? lol

somd914
Nice upgrade, enjoy it... driving.gif

I pick up the new teener tomorrow with a fresh 2258 in her, my current teener has a 2056 which I thought was a great enhancement over the stock 2.0. Test driving the 2258 was quite enjoyable and looking forward to the added power, but honestly the 2056 is fun also.

brant
QUOTE(914Bryan @ Nov 20 2015, 08:56 AM) *

First full day of a new 914 experience. I went from a stock 2.0 FI to a carbed 2250 and what a difference! I can't believe the torque and how it pulls. SO MUCH FUN! So I'm in the break-in period. The engine builder gave me some driving advice to break in the rings and he is a believer in "the lazy driving equals a lazy engine" theory. Just hold off buzzing it to 6,000, but if I need too, don't hold back!

I know there will be carb tinkering in my future, but for now this is a blast. Im gonna be looking for advice on jetting to take care of a small stumble going from part throttle to half throttle. If I mash it, it pulls clean, if I ease into it, there is a small hesitation.

Welcome to carb world? lol

check your accelerator pumps... possibly too much (or even not enough) fuel at tip in
stugray
Get a wideband AFR gauge, a 'snail' synchrometer, and the tangerine throttle linkage.
jimkelly
pls do a drive video if you can. nice upgrade it seems.
somd914
QUOTE(stugray @ Nov 20 2015, 12:13 PM) *

Get a wideband AFR gauge, a 'snail' synchrometer, and the tangerine throttle linkage.

agree.gif Personally I'm using a CSP bell crank linkage that McMark sold on a group buy a few years back. Either way, good linkage helps significantly.

As for AFR gauges, I'll see what everyone else says, I use an AEM, first sensor lasted less than 30 days, second one died at about the 14 month mark. Great tool when it's working, but so far I'm not impressed with longevity.

Also agree with Brant regarding accelerator pumps. I also upped my idle jets which cured my stumble on pulling away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.