Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass Parts Source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
I just posted this for azbill. I thought others who might be interested might miss the post so I'm posting it again under this title.

Check the latest issue of Pano. In the classified section under parts listed as "911/914 Parts" is Mark Bartosh again. He seems to have resurfaced. I got both my hoods and all my 911RS stuff from him.

If you're not a PCA member you won't have Pano so here's his info.

Mark Bartosh
PO Box 3432
Running Springs, CA 92382
909-867-9330

His bumpers (stock and GT) are $99 each and well worth it.
GT Valance is $99.00
GT Rockers are $99.00 a pair
Hoods are $299.00 and bolt right up.
5 Gauge Dash is $199.00

I highly recommend Mark's glass. He's the best quality for the least amount of dough. No affiliation. Tell him I sent you.
Root_Werks
Hmm, those rockers are needed for a couple of folks on the club right now.

boxstr, you seeing this? Hello? I could use a set myself. idea.gif
skline
Does he make front LE spoilers and rear 916 bumpers?? Joe is in need of the rear fenders with the 9" flares also.
Joe Bob
So...why don't you guys invite him to be a member and/or a vendor?
bondo
Cool! Anyone know how his dash compares to the getty dash? Same basic design?
Eric_Shea
I don't think he's a computer guy.

I did a Google search on him a while back and I think he used to work with another glass supplier, went by a couple initials and a name? My guess is he has a source for these and they're the same or very similar.

The hoods are foam core with the inner bracing. They simply bolted right up.
nsyr
How do his compare to Getty's?
Eric_Shea
Quality is excellent... seems like has has a lot of the same pieces Getty has (5-gauge dash etc.)
lapuwali
Does he do rear trunk lids, too?
Aaron Cox
He have GT front valences WITHOUT the flared ends?
bondo
Try and get ahold of him before you get your hopes up.. I tried calling him a few times to get a 5 guage dash.. never did get ahold of him and ended up going through Getty. (I didn't have time to mess around, I had to get the dash to dr. evil before he moved far far away)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 11 2005, 06:04 PM)
...another glass supplier, went by a couple initials and a name?...

might that be M.A. Shaw?

there's some sort of affiliation amongst all these players and i haven't figured it out.
Getty has a link to M.A. Shaw on their website, which i thought was unusual.

and of course, they all pretty much say "don't be fooled, we are the actual manufacturer, all those other guys just buy from us ..." so it'd all be pretty confusing (if i cared) ...

hijacked.gif

anybody stripped a shroud? what are the chances that if i gently strip and bead-blast a 911 fan shroud that i can be down to the bare glass laminate? and that it will look anything like the yellow bare layups used in the 911R and 906?
seanery
Rich,
I didn't strip one, but I sanded it and refinished it (a green 2.7 one)...from what I saw you'll have no luck making it look like the uber-cool factory race car parts.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (seanery @ Aug 2 2005, 05:15 PM)
from what I saw you'll have no luck making it look like the uber-cool factory race car parts.

it's what i thought - looks more like chopper-gun mat than layup, but -- "hadda ask" ...
i think i'll just use what i've got for now, and spring for the cool one *after* the rebuild is done...

( i suppose i could just spray it mustard-yellow and go for effect through the grille, but since it;s already decent - and red - i'll probably just leave it alone... )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.