Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Club will be shut down for maintenance.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Okay... it's not going to happen today... but it WILL happen sometime. sad.gif

So, in order to avoid going to a place where we'll be heavily moderated or outright censored... we've created a BACKUP hideaway. ninja.gif

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/914club wub.gif

Check it out! Sign up! Save it as a favorite/bookmark! Be prepared! aktion035.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 11 2005, 01:44 PM)
Be prepared! aktion035.gif

be afraid! be very, very, very afraid!

ph34r.gif ninja.gif ph34r.gif Andy
jonwatts
An alternate site? How long do you expect the server to be up on jackstands?

ematulac
Hey Andy,

Can't we just be redirected when the site is down for maintenance?

If 914World.com isn't up, I will mostl likely not remember the url for the yahoo site and have to go to the heavily censored and moderated place to figure out where y'all went. huh.gif
Qarl
Lawrence...

I would suggest that you turn on the membership approval feature. This will allow you to manually approve and deny registrants with Yahoogroups. T

Otherwise you will get lots of spammers joing and posting about the latest Penis enlargement drugs...

Also.. I would suggest you DO that so you can block the A-holes you don't like from the other 914 yahoo group. Hee hee.

Also, make sure you block attachments, otherwise you can get lots of spam and viruses sent.

If you need any help or suggestions, let me know...

SirAndy
QUOTE (ematulac @ Mar 11 2005, 01:59 PM)
Can't we just be redirected when the site is down for maintenance?

i don't run my own DNS, i could have my ISP make the changes but they charge me for that kind of stuff ...

bookmark it NOW (it's cheaper for me!)

biggrin.gif Andy
i love porsche
so...why will the site be shut down??
SirAndy
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Mar 11 2005, 02:06 PM)
so...why will the site be shut down??

it wont ... like he said.

but, *if* it happens in the future, we'll have a place to hang out until it's back up again ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
yay! im in.....
balljoint
I thought we were just going to the UFO site. Nice folks over there, except that they don't believe in 914s.
Qarl
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/914club/chat

Now we have a chat feature...

mike_the_man
Good idea! It's not quite as nice as here, but it'll do in a pinch! No more 914Club withdrawl! smilie_pokal.gif Ever!!!

Rusty
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 11 2005, 05:14 PM)
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/914club/chat

Now we have a chat feature...

I just reopened the chat on the Yahoo club site.
SpecialK
Officially register! smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm in.

Just FYI:

When the shit hit the fan... "plans" went into effect quickly making sure that this place would always exist in some fashion or another.

B
ematulac
*gasp* No avatars! ohmy.gif

Also, did you know code '914' means 'beautiful'? If you don't know what I mean, search the yahoo groups for '914.' I think I joined the 'AsianGirls914' group by 'accident.' w00t.gif
ematulac
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Mar 11 2005, 03:36 PM)
I'm in.

Just FYI:

When the shit hit the fan... "plans" went into effect quickly making sure that this place would always exist in some fashion or another.

B

Hi Brad! wavey.gif

Nice to see yer face around here again. smile.gif
swood
QUOTE (ematulac @ Mar 11 2005, 02:36 PM)
*gasp* No avatars! ohmy.gif

Also, did you know code '914' means 'beautiful'? If you don't know what I mean, search the yahoo groups for '914.' I think I joined the 'AsianGirls914' group by 'accident.' w00t.gif

That will be appreciated by the avatar objectors rolleyes.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks Ed,

I seriously thought about giving all this up... but then the "man" gets what he wants (which is for me to go down in flames) I cleared my head and realized I'll NEVER be able to get this out of my system. The "people" cannot be beat. I have met so many friendly 914 people over the years... and after all this.. they are still friendly. Amazing. No matter what happens.. I'll still help 914 people until I die.

B
Brad Roberts
I'll be around a lot more as soon as I figure out the job situation and get a computer. Right now I'm bouncing around posting when I can. Sooner or later I'll get my computers back.

B
dinomium
now we have done it! Sand box my eye!
iamchappy
I made the trip over but its not as fun as the alien site
ws91420
You know its kinda like going from a Porsche to a VW LOL lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Guess we pissed of wayne huh?

If this site goes down....I'll just go harass the tail draggers.....yahoo bites...

Heh...someone has to be contrary....

jones
I'm in... It will be sort of like Methadone. Nice pic Geoff, you were one cool looking cat cool_shades.gif
Lyressa Roberts
Ok, I'm in...but I agree, I like this place MUCH better. No funny smily's over there... dry.gif
Bleyseng
Me??? that is how I look today! Thats the house and the garage is in back with all the stolen cars. I dare you to try to sneak in.... ar15.gif

Geoff
jones
Umm Geoff, sorry! What I meant to say was..You ARE one cool looking cat wub.gif
Carl
Done. blink.gif
VegasRacer
The newest Yahoo 914 Hideway group member #64 registered and reporting for duty Sir. user posted image

When I tried to register as VegasRacer, they said that ID was not available. flipa.gif I had to try several more variations before I found one that it would let me use. I'm sure you can figure out who I am. cool_shades.gif
maf914
What's with the ID selection BS? bs.gif

I can't believe all of the combos I tried were actually taken. Is there some trick to the selection process? I still need to go back and register because of this. idea.gif
Gint
Think about it... there are millons of ID's on yahoo.
Rusty
icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
I'm in, but under my less imaginitive title of mike95125 dry.gif No status, no title, just a number wink.gif

Thanks for setting this up, and chat too!!!
Air_Cooled_Nut
Joined. Pain in the ass, but joined. "aircooled_nut" is me rolleyes.gif
markb
I'm in. Had to use markus765, but I'm there!
CptTripps
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 11 2005, 05:06 PM)
i don't run my own DNS, i could have my ISP make the changes but they charge me for that kind of stuff ...

Silly question, but I'm happy to donate a server as a mirror if you want. You are running MySQL as the back end, and PHP up front, so it'd just be a matter of replicating the DB to one of my servers, and then making sure the pages were up.

We also have 3 DNS servers that you could park the domain on if you wanted to...

I'm happy to donate whatever time/bandwidth the club needs...lord know's I've got plenty to spare.

Just PM me if you are interested....or to tell me to butt-out. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.