Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 RC bodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
confused24.gif
PorschePony
OK, Here is where we are at.

I asked why we didn't get them. He stopped shipment, because the parts were not good looking. When he said that it wasn't quite as nice as the pic, he looked again and said that he didn't even want to ship because they would all be shipped back. He sent me a part. It is a cross between a 914 and a Pacer. Very rounded, must have been blown out of mold to quick?

Carson apologized and is sending replacements. He said he will send out from there (CA in 2 weeks when Carson makes good on their promise).

If anyone wants out, email me and I'll refund your money, and try to get it back from the distributor. I'm going to stick it out, since I have waited this long, its becoming the "Harry Potter Book " in the form of the R/C Body. Its not a lot of money individually, but overall it adds up.

So I'll email again in 2 weeks when I hear from our Guy. I'm trying to keep on top of this and will do whatever it takes to finish it.

Thanks again for your patience... I hope it was all worth it.
Demick
Hey Ed. I'm sure this is 10X more effort and frustration than you ever imagined. Well, I'm sure I speak for most all of us when I say a BIG THANKS for all your work and effort! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

Most of us also don't mind the wait nearly as much as you probably do. For many of us, they will just sit around for months anyway before we get around to doing something with them.

Thanks for the update!

Demick
Carrera916
Hey Ed,

Really appreciated your sharing this and man, if you're gonna stick out, I might as well do the same since we all want something that's "perfect"....for that, I'm willing to wait for the right one come....

Thanks so much for your effort and putting up with this BS (if any?) on getting RC situation taken care of! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif

jerry
kafermeister
I'm still in. Ed, I know this is a big pain but I appreciate all the time you've put in on this.

Rick Harris
Aaron Cox
ill stay in, i appreciate all the hard work you put into this! thanks biggrin.gif
GWN7
In for a penny, in for a pound. Thanks Ed. I can wait. The jello will taste the same next month. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
does anyone who actually owns one, have a picture of the rear of the sailpanels? are they actually moleded with a vertical rear window, or is it sloped like the targa/sail panels?
djm914-6
I don't own one yet, but my best guess is that there will be a slight indentation, but not much. These things need to be pulled up from a one piece mold. Some companies such at Tamiya use three piece molds for a more rounded and realistic look, but they're much more expensive. I just bought two 911s off ebay and they look increadible. These will look ok, but not die cast quality.

I'm working on a way to get more detail for those who don't plan on running these much. I have a good idea of what to do for an interior, cage, and muffler.
seanery
Jeroen has one I think.
Aaron Cox
jeroen, van you shoot me a pic of the rear and the targa panels? plz.

TIA
markb
Anything new?
kafermeister
...bump

With the 1/24 bodies arriving, I figured I'd bring this thread back up. Someone remind me where this left off. Were we still waiting for these or did the supplier in Europe quit dealing with us altogether?
Aaron Cox
i finally asked for my money back. I was one of two people left in the buy thing. mr secrest knows more.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.