Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temperature Range on Oil Temp Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VWTortuga336
I know I've seen it posted before, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Can someone please let me know the temperature range on the stock oil temp gauge? I'm trying to decide if I can just use the stock gauge to watch the oil temp on my 2366, or if I need to get one that has "real" numbers on it.

Thanks in advance.
sfrenck
I found that when I tipped my gauge up, there was a range written at the very top.

Click to view attachment
VWTortuga336
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

So the "redline" starts at 316°F blink.gif Looks like I should invest in a gauge with a little more resolution. Can I use the existing wiring and sender with an aftermarket VDO?
914Sixer
Sender will need to match gauge scale. If you use the 911 300 degree scale you will need the 911 sender.
VWTortuga336
Looking again, my gauge is a different than yours. Here is a pic of mine, there aren't any temp numbers on mine.

Click to view attachment
dangerranger01
This link might help some

http://www.p914.com/p914_gauges_temp.htm

porschetub
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 23 2015, 09:53 AM) *

Looking again, my gauge is a different than yours. Here is a pic of mine, there aren't any temp numbers on mine.

Click to view attachment

I have been mucking around with these gauges for a while,I think the one you have reads to 150C,this is a pic of one I built;Click to view attachment.
Yours is unmarked in the upper part of the insert but i'am fairly sure it is 150C max and you can run a 100C sender with it.
Now I have a 77 911 one which is more correct for my -6 conversion,300F and works with 150C VDO sender.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.