Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Hijacked Search Page
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've had this happen before, but it's been quite a while. Can someone help a bruva out?
I can't remember where those settings are kept.

Danke.
Gint
WTF?

Don't get it.
Brent
Try Hijackthis in google search. Worked for me ...long ago.
Joe Bob
Are you talking about your default page got hijacked when you load your Internet browser? It's a spyware thang.... go to www.webroot.com and down load some free/trial prgrams.
r_towle
when you are all done cleaning and you still have not solved it....

Look in your system32 directory for a new dll file...

remane it.

re-run the adware program...kill the other files again...most of the time...i used virus removal as well...f-prot works well....these new ones are from eastern europe and f-prot stay on top of that part of the wrold pretty well.

none of the good ones can get this new type...it morphs on the fly so the static list from any of the tools does not work....

If you get stuck, send me a pm, i can get you out of it.

Rich
anthony
Is it google that is hijacked? You have to blow away the hosts file to kill this one. It's made entries in your hosts file to redirect google. The only entry in hosts should be:

127.0.0.1 localhost

TimT
find the path to the .dll that is redirecting the search page.,
boot in safe mode, or better yet boot in DOS, and delete the file..the new .dll will be hiding in your system 32 folder

seanery
Hijack this seems to have fixed the problem, but it cost $39 w00t.gif

I had been using adaware, spybot search & destroy as well as BHO cop and Norton AntiVirus and this thing still got through causing Pop-Ups and Hijacks mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.