Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT stuck in SLC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
I'm stuck in SLC area. I came here to look for a place to live and make arrangements to move closer to my kids, and the transmission in my 06 Dodge Ram lost both overdrive gears.

I found a transmission in Ogden at a pick and pull, it's detached from the engine, but still hooked up to the transfer case.

It looks like it would be fairly easy to grab them both and get back to my friend's house...

I don't have anywhere to swap out the transmission from the truck, though. It's lifted enough to get roller creepers under it and not need jack stands for the swap... but lifting and lowering and aligning... I don't have the strength to do all of that on my own with nowhere to work, or a atv jack or trans jack...

Is there any one in the area who could help?
sixnotfour
Morris brothers in Murray UT..talk to Jack 206-380-0163 ya its a seattle number..

PMB is in Sandy,UT talk to Eric..number is everywhere..

Lastly I can bring the sheetmetal piece I have for you Tuesday..LMK
RJMII
Thank you. I called Jack. Good guy! I am looking forward to seeing his shop... he wasn't able to do much for my truck, but still quite helpful.
I'll PM you on the sheet metal for the 914.
914mikee100
Did you get what you need? I may have some time on Friday if you need a hand getting something installed.
sixnotfour
the sheet metal is at jacks
JRust
Wish I could help bud. Sorry sad.gif I hope you get squared away soon
RJMII
Thank you all for the help. I found a transmission shop close by and will see what they say about it once they are able to tear into it. I have friends here to spend the week with, and am looking at renting a uhaul to go get my trailer, stuff and my car while the truck is in the shop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.