Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should we have an annual Second Chance COTM?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
I have been mulling over an idea in my head for a while. I want to run it by the community and see what people think about this smile.gif

Every year December time I would have a poll with all the contestants from the previous COTM(Car Of The Month)s over the past year. This would leave 18 contestants. We could put up to 4 winners on the front page for this special "giving season" COTM.

My thought process behind this is there are SO MANY great cars that deserve recognition but after they get voted on once they pretty much just fall away and never get nominated again.

The con on this is it could diminish the "value" of the COTM in the readers and winners mind.

Thoughts? Vote and discuss. santa_smiley.gif
EdwardBlume
All good cars get voted for eventually IMHO...
altitude411
don't dilute the COTM... dry.gif

* everyone can't be a WINNER, WINNER, WINNER
76-914
Let's really dilute the award. I propose that all members receive a COTM award thereby satisfying everybody's desire to own the nicest 914. The Confederate Air Force has had great success by making each and everyone one of their members a Colonel. lol-2.gif
Andyrew
I think you guys are focusing on the wrong thing here.... The Multiple winners option was just that. An option. The other topic was simply to bring the cars to back to light that get simply forgotten about. And an 18 to 1 vote is almost more special than a 4 to 1 vote..

That being said its pretty clear the direction of the poll, which is actually good.

KELTY360
No need for this. Almost universally, the nominees express what an honor it is just to be nominated for COTM. I always vote in the COTM poll, but I'm not really interested in wading through 18 choices to pick my favorite. It would be much more difficult than choosing from 5. I'd probably be more inclined to vote for a COTY from among the COTM winners over the past year.
EdwardBlume
I think the winner of COTM is random. Since it's never been a one and done thing, good cars seem to come around and get tributes.

To Andrews point why not have an optional feature thread on each car by the owner so people can see and learn more about a car if the owner wishes. I often vote the whole picture and owner vs just the car.
boxsterfan
Just like kids today, we should all get trophies just for participating. first.gif
Andyrew
I'll be closing this tonight. This has certainly been an interesting poll..
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Nov 24 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Just like kids today, we should all get trophies just for participating. first.gif

mad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Nov 23 2015, 05:17 PM) *
IPB Image

But ...

According to homeopathy one gets the best results when the solution is diluted to the point where not a *single* atom of the original substance is present in the solution.
poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.