Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to me tool box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
All the guys at our shop have big - snap on tool boxes. The owner must have 5 of them. I found this little guy in the back room under a bunch of junk. Cleaned it up. Two screw drivers and an adjustable wrench = 914 tool box.
stugray
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 23 2015, 07:18 PM) *

914 tool box.

NOPE!

It's not on jackstands.
Nice find though!
PanelBilly
Doesn't everything slide to the side of the drawer when you turn it on the side like that?
altitude411
Yeah its nice and all... but it sure seems that it would be much more effective if the doors opened horizontally. confused24.gif Thats why the PO ditched it. beerchug.gif

* the wheels are all wrong as well... pfft Hey, what's that ignition switch for? popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
Fixed.
altitude411
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 23 2015, 07:39 PM) *

Fixed.

Wut? Ya broke it already? Harbor freight dry.gif
76-914
Nice score!
EdwardBlume
Doesn't it feel good?
aircooledtechguy
Nice score!!

When you decide you need to upgrade to a larger box (it's inevitable), check out your local Craigslist for those large boxes like your co-workers have for cheap. IMHO, buying a box off the truck is foolish. WAY overpriced. I scored my Snap-on Classic 78 for under $1K in like new condition and it's been flawless.

bandjoey
The industrial 4' Harbor Freight box is heavy duty and they run it is specials at $350.
However Free is the best price.
gandalf_025
Snap On = someone is making a lot of money and it isn't the
guy buying them...
mepstein
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Nov 24 2015, 01:44 PM) *

Nice score!!

When you decide you need to upgrade to a larger box (it's inevitable), check out your local Craigslist for those large boxes like your co-workers have for cheap. IMHO, buying a box off the truck is foolish. WAY overpriced. I scored my Snap-on Classic 78 for under $1K in like new condition and it's been flawless.

I'm really not a tech and I just pretend to know about 914's.
A handful of tools is all I need.
I'd rather clean up an old box than buy a new one.
And it's red ....
carr914
tell Scott to fill it up for you. Also tell him to empty his Cell VM Box out, I can never leave him a meassage!
carr914
I just picked up this Monster cheap off CL. Combined with my Top Box it is over 7' Tall & 54" wide

Click to view attachment

Moved my Old Snap-On to my shop I am renovating behind the house

Click to view attachment

mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 24 2015, 07:27 PM) *

tell Scott to fill it up for you. Also tell him to empty his Cell VM Box out, I can never leave him a meassage!

Just call till you get him. He never listens to voice mail.
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 24 2015, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 24 2015, 07:27 PM) *

Just call till you get him. He never listens to voice mail.

I know, that's why it's Full! biggrin.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 24 2015, 07:39 PM) *

I just picked up this Monster cheap off CL. Combined with my Top Box it is over 7' Tall & 54" wide

Click to view attachment

Moved my Old Snap-On to my shop I am renovating behind the house

Click to view attachment

Hey TC is that a falsie laying on the floor ? (lower left corner)
carr914
Sorry, just a Sanding Disc!
VWTortuga336
Here's my "new" "toolbox". From what I've read online, it's older than my teener. Picked it up at a flea market a few months ago. Lots of storage space.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jon H.
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 25 2015, 12:26 PM) *

Here's my "new" "toolbox". From what I've read online, it's older than my teener. Picked it up at a flea market a few months ago. Lots of storage space.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

smile.gif

Nice!
carr914
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Nov 25 2015, 03:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

NAPA Store Displays are nicely built, compact yet hold a lot of $hit!

Here is my NAPA Wall box that I store Oil & Detail Liquids. I think it's from the 70's

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.