Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fallout from the SPAM attack ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
If you're having trouble getting email notifications from 914world since the SPAM attack yesterday, chances are your email provider has 914world.com blacklisted.
dry.gif

The spammers sent out several thousand PMs in a short time period which got us flagged by many hosting services.

Here's a partial list of some of the providers that currently have us blocked:

- msn.com (resolved)
- hotmail.com (resolved)
- live.ca (resolved)
- live.com (resolved)
- outlook.com (resolved)

- frii.com
- yahoo.com

If your email is with any of the providers above, you might want to contact them and ask them to remove 914world.com from their blacklist.
type.gif
bandjoey
Notice this happened when we had a post about cell phone holders? Could the spammers program picked up those key words to start the scam?
Mikey914
Still getting mine.
Thanks for your hard work Andy.
bfrymire
Thanks Andy! I am sure glad you are around doing this!
Cairo94507
Thanks Andy - Spammer's lives don't matter biggrin.gif
bfrymire
Andy,

Quick feedback. I have yahoo email, and the emails are coming through fine.

-- brett
oldschool
Funny now my email are coming in, never work before... av-943.gif
johannes
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 24 2015, 09:13 PM) *

Notice this happened when we had a post about cell phone holders? Could the spammers program picked up those key words to start the scam?

pray.gif please don't beat me ...

Dave_Darling
We've had posts on cell phone holders before, so I kinda doubt that's the cause.

--DD
Chris H.
Yeah coincidence. It'll blow over soon.
montoya 73 2.0
Its the X19 guys!!!! stirthepot.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Andyrew
Does it help at all if we ask even if our primary email that receives the messages isnt one of those providers? For example I use a Pacbell account (Yes, my email is that old...), but my wife has a Yahoo account and I have some Gmail accounts.
Unobtanium-inc
My email got spoofed several years ago and I'm still on blacklists, so when I email people it goes directly to their spam. It's a pain.
PanelBilly
I'm assuming no one wanted to talk to me
TheCabinetmaker
My gmail has been sending me all my correspondence from the world
Chris914n6
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Fist post updated with some more info ...
dry.gif
SirAndy
Most of the issues have been resolved with the exception of YAHOO who is still refusing to accept emails from us.
sad.gif

If you happen to have a @yahoo.com email address, please contact them and let them know you want to receive emails from 914world.com ...
type.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.