Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refinished engine metal coatings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nozzle
Well I finally got my engine parts back from the metal re-finisher and I think it was worth the wait. The shop specialized in wheel refinishing for the tuner crowd but was interested in branching out. I figured that they'd be able to relate to auto finishes better than your standard metal fabricator shop so I took a chance.

Be advised though I chose not to go with exact factory finishes and color for reasons of personal taste. The look is similar but certainly not exact. See what you think.

First up are the ceramic coated heat exchangers in 'Tungsten':

Before
Click to view attachment

After
Click to view attachment

Engine tin before
Click to view attachment

Engine tin after in 'Satin Black' powder coat which seems more flat than the factory finish but I still like it equally if not better
Click to view attachment

Heat ducting before with 'custom' grey finish
Click to view attachment

Ducting after in 'Porsche Silver' powder coat similar to factory rim color
Click to view attachment

Fan shroud before
Click to view attachment

Fan shroud after in 'Satin Clear' powder coat which I really like. Coating only applied to exterior for what its worth.
Click to view attachment

Last up is the engine from Original Customs which will be their new home wub.gif
Click to view attachment
somd914
John, very nice. Now to get it back in the car and on the road - we need another 914 running around here... driving.gif
turk22
looks really good, like the choices you made in color and finish.

is the vendor looking for more 914 business?

what did you have done to the engine?

thx,
Turk
Nozzle
QUOTE(turk22 @ Nov 25 2015, 07:59 PM) *

looks really good, like the choices you made in color and finish.

is the vendor looking for more 914 business?

what did you have done to the engine?

thx,
Turk

I think the folks at 'Custom Functionz' are looking for any metal refinishing business although their specialty is custom wheel and interior finishes as seen in the link below.

http://www.customfunctionz.com/

Although their estimated two-week job took considerably longer to deliver, they really understand how important metal finishes are to car folks and did a beautiful job on my parts which amounted to over thirty pieces in four different finishes.

For the engine I had the D-jet '2056' longblock build from 'Original Customs' which is described in this link:

http://www.originalcustoms.com/2056.php

Mark De Bernardi who owns Original Customs is a first-rate individual and a long-time supporter of this forum and 914s in general.

Hope that helps.
EdwardBlume
Nice work! Looks fantastic. These are the details that matter. Enjoy!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Nozzle @ Nov 25 2015, 05:40 PM) *

http://www.originalcustoms.com/2056.php

Mark De Bernardi who owns Original Customs is a first-rate individual and a long-time supporter of this forum and 914s in general.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.