Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showed my wife the CarbonFiber lids....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
during our evening walk tonight I casually mentioned I bought new carbon fiber front and rear lids for the 914......of course the 1st question was how much and how did you pay for them?? to her, a balance of $200 on a low interest credit card is too much debt to have wacko.gif

when we got home I brought the rear lid into the kitchen and placed it on the granite countertop...she just stared at it and didn't quite understand why I want to leave them bare...girls, I don't know what is wrong with them, LOL

so, hopefully so time this weekend, I'll be installing them on my car smash.gif
Joe Bob
Hmmm, that's whay I hide all my stuff....wifies ...they jess doan unnerstan" slap.gif
Mueller
i've hidden the Nickies and other items like that, but the lids are sorta hard to hide, especially if I ever expect to put them on the car biggrin.gif
redshift
hah

You could have had her marveling at your new 'carbonfiberizing' paint technique...

but... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

smile.gif

M
neo914-6
Interesting, no "rice" comments... screwy.gif I like the look but will most likely paint mine.

Glad you're back on the board Mike clap.gif
xitspd
Mine just wants me to be happy!
nebreitling
[dubious] that's your wife? [/dubious] cool_shades.gif

glad to hear it went over well, mueller! hope she doesn't read the board!
mack914
Mike, you're paving the way for the rest of us who ordered CF lids. We appreciate it.
Thanks-Mack wink.gif beer.gif
CptTripps
It's amazing what I can get for [wink] TRADING [/wink] parts with my buddies! I have a trick for making stuff look old too...

If I get a new tool, I put it on the floor under an old hood I have and then hit the hood with the orbital for a min or two. It gets JUST dusty enough to qualify as an 'old tool' and she never asks.

I also try to keep $5-$600 in my PayPal account for random spending. I've got a PayPal Debit card that lets me use it at stores. That helps too...

Only married 6yrs, and I'm already a pro!
mack914
When did it change, that we as men have to justify every little thing that we do. I hear this same story time and time again. It's down right pathetic and it needs to change. When are we going to stand up to these bitchqueens and revolt? I want to know how many of you ready to take a stand, so that men everywhere can have and purchase as many car parts as they want and not be abused for it. How many of you are in? If so just call Claudia at 911-914-9146 and let her know that you are with me..
Thanks,
Mack wink.gif biggrin.gif cool_shades.gif happy11.gif
Mueller
wow...great news I think....

on my way out the house this morning to go to work for a few hours at the office, my wife calls me into the bedroom, she says "I've been thinking"....oh joy, what project do you have for me next I am guessing wacko.gif

ends up she thinks the tan interior that I currently have will clash too much with the green paint and the black carbonfiber hoods....

sooooo, I what color(s) scheme should I go with??? idea.gif
nebreitling
smilie_pokal.gif LOL

you're a lucky man.

i've got a nice black back pad i'll sell you!
Mueller
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Mar 12 2005, 11:58 AM)
smilie_pokal.gif LOL

you're a lucky man.

i've got a nice black back pad i'll sell you!

I'm thinking green leather, similar to some of the new RUF cars biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Careful this could be a Trap, You get that I get THIS...............

If not Congrats. smilie_pokal.gif
J P Stein
So the wife says "How much *more* money you gonna spend on that thing" I sez " I still need to get wheels & tires....couple grand" She says " Gawd damnit"(or wurds to that effect)
I says "Hay, I saved us 5 grand by doing the paint me self (she's very big on saving money at "sales") and spent several million brain cells" She says "Well.....you couldn't afford that.."

I consider that a draw laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.