Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel refinishing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
I know about Harvey Weidman and Al Reed but has anyone used Rick Hartbrodt before? The turn around time is pretty fast and the pricing seems very good....

http://www.porschewheelservices.com

Cairo94507
That reminds me, I have to check on my wheels. This site seems like they have it together. Someone needs to be the guinea pig or someone who has had their wheels done needs to post about their experience.

I have never heard of them before. Not that that means anything, as I never looked for anyone else - given Harvey's reputation, that was the beginning and end of the search. Options are always nice though.
mepstein
We are going to try out a place on the east coast. We usually don't plan our wheel refinishing a year + in advance so that knocks out the big names. It's not brain surgery, I'm sure others do a good job.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 28 2015, 06:33 AM) *

We are going to try out a place on the east coast. We usually don't plan our wheel refinishing a year + in advance so that knocks out the big names. It's not brain surgery, I'm sure others do a good job.

Please let us know how your East Coast shop works out. Shipping wheels out west isn't cheap.
porschetub
QUOTE(Cal @ Nov 28 2015, 05:01 PM) *

I know about Harvey Weidman and Al Reed but has anyone used Rick Hartbrodt before? The turn around time is pretty fast and the pricing seems very good....

http://www.porschewheelservices.com

No interest in DIY ?,it really isn't that hard,with the exception of anodizing which isn't in the scope of DIY.....
I have been seeing more and more people going this way due to the time frame and cost of sending wheels to the key players in this field,lets face it many don't have the kind of spare cash to do it,some of the current popular wheels are very costly to buy to start with.
Hopefully anyone using the lesser known people will have good results if they don't have the time themselves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.