Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: subwoofer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wilchek
Has anyone tried to install a subwoofer under the dash on passangers side. I think there may be enough room. If not, the back of the glovebox being removed could easily fit a 8in woofer with a sealed box under the dash. Any ideas, any previous ventures.
jim912928
I've wondered how easy it would be to use one of those bazooka tube woofers.....hide it in the console, behind the passenger seat...anybody do that?
scotty b
Morphenspectra offers a console with a sub in it. I have also seen a thread about hollowing out the pass footrest for a sub. The console works, don't know about the footrest!
morph
i built a down firing prototype (sub)it was made of fiberglass.i sold the prototype along time ago.and went with the console style.
james
SpecialK
I'm gonna try a pair of Bass Shaker's mounted behind the seats. The preliminary tests (just laying in the tube with jury-rigged wiring to my boom box) were pretty promising aktion035.gif . Won't know for sure until everythings all back together whether or not I'll have some kick-ass bass.......or just a butt massage.
StratPlayer
I just installed the Clarion SRV 303 mounted it behind the drivers seat, this unit does the job, I was very impressed when I finally powered it up and put it to the pace. I does a great job for the space. Glad I got one of these
xsboost90
THAT is exactly what i was looking at. Im thinking of mounting it under the ps seat though.
jr91472
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Mar 12 2005, 12:37 PM)
I just installed the Clarion SRV 303 mounted it behind the drivers seat, this unit does the job, I was very impressed when I finally powered it up and put it to the pace. I does a great job for the space. Glad I got one of these

how much?
Always Looking
Quick Yahoo search "Clarion SRV 303 " = $180- $200. Not a bad deal for an amplified sub. smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif
CptTripps
QUOTE (Always Looking @ Mar 12 2005, 05:13 PM)
Quick Yahoo search "Clarion SRV 303 " = $180- $200. Not a bad deal for an amplified sub. smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

I disagree.

For $155, you can get morphenspectra's center console, with a sub. Spend $75 on an amp at BestBuy, and you won't have to worry about having a tall person crush your sub, and you get a center console too!

I'm actually getting a LOT more out of hand with my stereo than I'd originally intended. But I'll bet it'll sound great when all is said and done...

Alpine CDA-9851 Head Unit
Alpine iPod Adaptor
Alpine Sirrius Satelite Receiver
Alpine MRP-F240 4ch Amp (I'm going to run it in 3-ch mode)
Alpine SPS-170A 6.5" 2-way speakers
Morphenspectra's Speaker Pods
Morphenspectra's Center w/ Guages and Sub-Woofer

I'm going to mount the amp, sat receiver, and iPod adaptor in the front trunk, and power the two speakers and the Sub from the amp.

If I can find a way to put an 8" sub in without cramping ANYTHING, I'd be all for it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.