Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Haltech is alive!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Background:

Brad gave me a Haltech E6 engine managment system to use on my /4 turbo motor. The E6 is like 10 years old and has been superceded by at least 6 different iterations. I found a wiring diagram for it on-line which has been both helpful and a hinderance since it is not 100% correct.

Finally with my volt/ohm meter I retraced the wires and the pinouts to verify what was what. I found out that one of the PO's (not Brad) of the E6 re-wired the Power On relay and switched pin 30 with pin 86 (standard 4 pin relay)

So now the E6 communicates with my laptop boldblue.gif

This unit will drive the injectors and the ignition (single 12v square wave output so I have to use the dizzy)...for such and old unit, it has features the newer units have which is nice (Trim for injectors and ignition advace/retard, Idle Speed Motor plus a few other analog/digital inputs/outputs)

Pictures and updates once it starts to get wired to the motor....
Brad Roberts
So.. they where controlling ground to turn it off and on ??

B
Mueller
That is what I was thinking as well...who knows, they must have had a "reason" for it.

I'm waiting for a manual for it, so maybe it has to go back to that way?
(i found a guy back East that is going to burn me a copy of the manual)

So far all of the outputs that should be 5+volts are correct...I'll start to hook up some sensors to do some more checking

Oh, the MAPs are still on the ECU for the last motor it was on

.....setup for 30pounds of boost w00t.gif
Brad Roberts
Bob Norwood.

He is/was Turbo king in my book.

Save the maps.. I still have the engine here at SSI.

B
Blair_RacerBoy
cool! i wasnt aware that really old versions of the"E" series haltechs did fuel and igniton, i alwasys read they were fuel only ohmy.gif learn something new everyday
Brad Roberts
Stick with us "Kid".. we will get you AND your dad in trouble..LOL

B
Mark Henry
COOL!

clap56.gif

We need to get a bunch of guys running PEFI systems here on the board! No matter what system!

Mike= Haltech E6
Dave= Mega Squirt
Mark= SDS EM-4F
Ben= I forget what's Ben running?

Who else wants step up to the plate?
Any PEFI lurkers?
alien.gif
jonwatts
Ben is running a MIC3 PEFI, IIRC.

I have an Autronic SMC that I'll be using..... someday.
Bleyseng
I am in trouble... I have two transmission apart with gears and stuff all over the garage. I am looking at taking apart #3 just for fun. I think I have enough good parts to make one good AX tranny with 5th and 3rd gear flopped.
Oh, I still have the loud tranny in the 914 driving around. Can't wait to tear that one apart to see WTF is wrong with it.

Geoff
Peter_Hinkle
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 12 2003, 03:20 AM)
COOL!

clap56.gif

We need to get a bunch of guys running PEFI systems here on the board! No matter what system!

Mike= Haltech E6
Dave= Mega Squirt
Mark= SDS EM-4F
Ben= I forget what's Ben running?

Who else wants step up to the plate?
Any PEFI lurkers?
alien.gif

I'm in the process right now of building a MS from scratch. Add me to the list!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.