Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - the world's fastest Police Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
There was an interesting report on german TV today.

As a gift to their 150th anniversary the italian state police got a special modified Lamborghini Gallardo. They use it with their special force against speeding. The car is equiped with a live video system that transfers the film directly to their headquater via sat. So the in-house-officers can check all data/infos from cars they pursue.
In addition the car is equiped with some first aid stuff and a special cooling box for emergency transports (stored blood, organs/transplants, ...)

here at the presentation:
Gustl
studio pics
Gustl
back angle
Gustl
first aid stuff
Gustl
tech equipment
Gustl
video recorder / sat system
Andyrew
You mean now I have to make my car faster than that lambo?? Dang.... I was just getting happy that I could outrun the z06's...

phoey..

Cool though!
jd74914
So who gets to drive that. The normal whistleblow only decorative cops in the picture, or the Cabanieri (Mility Police) that are the real gun toting cops. Thats a really cool police toy in any case. biggrin.gif
i love porsche
hey, how come america doenst get a manual version of the Gallardo
SirAndy
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Mar 12 2005, 01:50 PM)
hey, how come america doenst get a manual version of the Gallardo

because no one here knows how to drive stick-shift?

confused24.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Mar 12 2005, 10:26 PM)
So who gets to drive that.

as they told, there is a special unit of 10 guys - only these are the lucky ones biggrin.gif

their chief is Guiseppe Dicoste
all of 'em got a special driving training on a track
wrpspddrvr
Hell, we could take 'em in the twisties! rolleyes.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Mar 12 2005, 02:13 PM)

as they told, there is a special unit of 10 guys - only these are the lucky ones biggrin.gif

schweet.

And Andy is right. Noone in the USA drives stick. In Europe most people seem to. driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Mar 12 2005, 02:37 PM)
And Andy is right. Noone in the USA drives stick. In Europe most people seem to. driving-girl.gif

i'd say, probably less than 1% of cars in germany are automatic ...

plus, if you take your driving test on a automatic, your drivers license will have a note on it that prohibits you from driving a stick-shift ...

cool.gif Andy
jd74914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 12 2005, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Mar 12 2005, 02:37 PM)

i'd say, probably less than 1% of cars in germany are automatic ...

plus, if you take your driving test on a automatic, your drivers license will have a note on it that prohibits you from driving a stick-shift ...

cool.gif Andy

After 10days in Italy I saw probably only 6 automatic cars (and they were all tiptronic). It should be that way overhere. aktion035.gif

Thats interesting about restriction notice on your license. I know from our German exchange students that helmets are compulsatory for them (he said he's gotten some tickets).
i love porsche
yeah, its unfortunate how few people drive stick...i mean, the gallardo isnt even OFFERED in manual here, only the tabshift, which sucks, i got to sit in one once, ( a guy pulled up to my gas station) and it was very nice..but needed to be manual.

i personally cannot imagine myself driving an automatic..it just takes all the enjoyment out of driving, i have a ford ranger and its still manual...id die if it was auto....

..sorry, i tend to be opinionated about topics like this...
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Mar 12 2005, 02:13 PM)

The California Highway Patrol, can't drive sticks, remember, when they had the GT Mustangs, which were 5 speeds, they didn't last to long, they wrecked most of them smash.gif

And driving school would not of help them. w00t.gif
i love porsche
QUOTE (Sammy @ Mar 12 2005, 08:57 PM)
Lots of people here know how to drive a stick, they just choose not to because they have a choice.
Driving a stick in stop and go traffic sucks, an automatic makes much more sense.
Soooo, either they don't have stop and go traffic in Europe, or Americans have more sense.

i disagree, i dont mind a stick in traffic at all, id wrather not have to hold down the brake all the time on level ground....i cant really think of a reason for myself not to drive a manual
Gustl
QUOTE (Sammy @ Mar 13 2005, 05:57 AM)

Soooo, either they don't have stop and go traffic in Europe, or Americans have more sense.

believe me, we've enaugh stop-and-go here icon8.gif
but we've lots of up-and-down roads where automatic sucks, IMHO

I'd say even in Europe automatic got more importand in the last years, and the percentage is much higher than Andy mentioned - especially with tiptronic
bd1308
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Mar 13 2005, 02:09 AM)
especially with tiptronic

Tiptronic laugh.gif what a joke!
Gustl
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 13 2005, 03:37 PM)
QUOTE (Gustl B @ Mar 13 2005, 02:09 AM)
especially with tiptronic

Tiptronic laugh.gif what a joke!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
bd1308
sorry....i just thought out loud. sad.gif
vortrex
he hasn't driven one. he just likes to make the "in and cool" comments of the day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.