Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Motorsports
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shindog1961
Anyone use Patrick Motorsports in Phoenix for their 914?
SirAndy
Bring loads of $$$ ...
popcorn[1].gif
Shindog1961
Recommendations? No one here wants to work on 914's anymore.
MJHanna
What kind of "work" are you looking to get done?
Coondog
My 914 is in there shop right now and I live in Calif. Getting full 911 upgrades prior to having them putting in a six. Eric and the crew there are great to work with. All there staff take the time to make sure you are fully educated throughout the entire process. I was just there last week discussing some issues with some minor body work I was having done. 9 out of 10 body shops would have done a crappy looks good to the eye job. Patrick M/S explained that was not good enough and completed the job the right way even when most people would never know the difference. Are they expensive ??
Well my answer to that is you get what you pay for.
Cairo94507
They are a terrific shop and know these cars inside and out. Taking your car to PMS is like going to the spa for the day. It is well pampered and done right. Oh, bring a suitcase of cash. But you definitely get what you pay for.
PMS, great place and quality of work is equivalent to $. For those that have the coin to use them - congrats.
Cracker
I have bought many "parts" from PM - James is nearly always "available" and free to share his immense knowledge - a true gentleman he is! As to having "builds" or major work performed by them, well, its a matter of finances (out of the question for 99% of teener owners). I can assure you, transporting your car out of state (both ways) to a respected and knowledgeable shop will probably put you tens-of-thousands ahead (of PMS) in most cases.

PS: MOST 914 owners prefer to work on the car themselves - kind of a 914 mantra or rite of passage. This is because no matter WHO builds the car - they WILL require your attention sooner or later - better to have the insight and options to perform this inevitable task(s) yourself.

All the best!

Tony
Steve
Ditto to the above. I used to live in Chandler AZ and visited his shop numerous times just to drool over the amazing 914 builds. IMHO second to none, but you get what you pay for. They are a one stop shop for ground up restorations and conversions.
I bought tons of stuff from them for my 914 over the years and was always satisfied with the products and service. I wish I had the money to let them restore my car.
SKL1
They are also building a new shop/building. I think it supposed to be done in January. Right now they are spread out in several nearby locations.
Always been friendly when I've stopped by with questions etc.
Stuttgart Southwest is a good shop in Tempe- they also have a body shop. I've used them and been very happy.
Krieger
Ive been very happy with the many parts I have bought from them. Very high quality.
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Nov 30 2015, 09:02 AM) *

Nicely done, now bring $$$.
brp986s
Their shift linkage kit for WEVO 915 is junk, and high-priced. Atleast when I bought it 5 yrs ago. Their clutch cable set up for same is/was half-baked. You can't adjust it in-situ and the tension on the cable makes installation difficult. And the cable sleeve connection at the firewall is the same diameter as the stub. Duh. And they never returned my core refund for the needed custom 915 shift rod. Called, called, called - gave up. Their spherical bearing for the shift rod at the firewall has no boot or seal, so it is exposed to dirt and water ingress - again half-baked. Probably best to think of their kits as starting points than turn-key solutions, except they are priced as solutions.
EdwardBlume
Met them at RRV. Seemed like good P-car folks....
boxsterfan
QUOTE(Shindog1961 @ Nov 29 2015, 10:36 PM) *

Recommendations? No one here wants to work on 914's anymore.

What do you want done?
Steve
QUOTE(brp986s @ Nov 30 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Their shift linkage kit for WEVO 915 is junk, and high-priced. Atleast when I bought it 5 yrs ago. Their clutch cable set up for same is/was half-baked. You can't adjust it in-situ and the tension on the cable makes installation difficult. And the cable sleeve connection at the firewall is the same diameter as the stub. Duh. And they never returned my core refund for the needed custom 915 shift rod. Called, called, called - gave up. Their spherical bearing for the shift rod at the firewall has no boot or seal, so it is exposed to dirt and water ingress - again half-baked. Probably best to think of their kits as starting points than turn-key solutions, except they are priced as solutions.

I am running the Martin Bott 916 setup. I am using the PMS clutch pulley and cable. No problems. Everything fit perfectly. This was six months ago. He must of fixed it.
I am also using the firewall bearing and am worried about the same issue without a boot. My shift linkage is early 914-4 with a CFR adapter, apex joints and 5/8" rod.
bcheney
James is a complete gentleman, a true Porsche professional and is passionate about his work and the level of service he provides. I have found him very good to deal with. I was in Phoenix a couple months back and stopped in to see the shops in person. Well organized, clean and professionally run. He is building a new shop that will be around 25,000 sq ft all under one roof. I have confidence recommending them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.