Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPC need video help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
is there any one here who can take a vhs and make it in to a windows media file, i made a video of the porscharu and right now it is on 8 mm, that i will dub to vhs. i want to post it here for everyone to see.
scotty914
icon_bump.gif

some one any one
Andyrew
Ya, I think we can do it.

Dad did it for Ricks kids project if I remember right...

Andrew
Rhodes71/914
You need a peice of hardwar that you can plug the VHS player of 8mm to that can hook to your computer via firewire or USB2 (for speed) You will also need some software, usually something would come with the converter.

After the cost of doing that you might as well get a digital video cam. Most decent digital cameras have some type of movie setting as well and those files can be copied right to your hard drive.

I think there may be places that will do the comverting for you as well

scotty914
i have an ati card, but i cant get it to work, i spent 8 hours wheni bought it and 2 tonight. i think it has something to do with my computer having a built in video card, but i will call ati on monday
ChrisFix
I can easily burn a VHS onto a DVD, from which you can import to whatever digtial format you want. If you want to send me the VHS, I'll burn it and import it for you. All analog conversions (8MM to VHS to DVD etc.) include some picture quality loss, but my VHS to DVD works very well and has some software to help enhance the image, so the result is usually pretty good. PM me if you want to go that route.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.