Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paul Newman in a 914 celebrity race
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
Classic 914 race at the old Ontario speedway

http://youtu.be/qo5xdm5lQt0
RickS
Any one catch Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman on the big V? Besides driving
Datsuns (Nissans) and Vettes, he raced a variety of Porsches. I completely forgot that he was a stellar and winning racer. If you get Velocity, it's 2 hours of racing with no ego. Good stuff.
KELTY360
QUOTE(RickS @ Nov 30 2015, 08:48 PM) *

Any one catch Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman on the big V? Besides driving
Datsuns (Nissans) and Vettes, he raced a variety of Porsches. I completely forgot that he was a stellar and winning racer. If you get Velocity, it's 2 hours of racing with no ego. Good stuff.

agree.gif I saw it. It was a great profile.
pete000
What a great event. Wonder if any of those sixes survived. I heard Porsche crushed them all.
johannes
QUOTE(pete000 @ Nov 30 2015, 10:00 PM) *

What a great event. Wonder if any of those sixes survived. I heard Porsche crushed them all.
Why would they do such a thing ?
JmuRiz
The movie it was pulled from was 'Once Upon a Wheel' I remember tivo'ing it way back when it was SpeedVision.

Heck, I may still have that segment on my old series 1 tivo.
Maybe I should hook it up in the garage and watch it and the 'Victory by Design' episodes while not working on my car. idea.gif
ClayPerrine
I have it on DVD. A few years back I pulled some screen shots from it. Best one was Wilt Chamberlin trying to get in the driver's seat of a 914/6.

Someone used it as an avatar for a while.
mankowski
Thanks for posting this - never seen it before -- very cool nostalgia.

sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
I have it on VHS,,,,,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.