Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found one sitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
4742908101 Appears to be a non running 914 but not for too long. Found in Temecula, CA

Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
AZ914
Hey Kent,
Click the '914 Info' link on the top right of your screen. From there you click 'members vins', then can add a VIN.
SirAndy
Added it to the database ...

Thanks!
beerchug.gif
76-914
Oops. I saw that Jason but thought it was only for our personal teeners. Thanks Andy. I left a note to see if it was for sale so l'll let prospective buyers know the outcome. Kent
Cairo94507
Looks like a decent car to begin with.
billh1963
California buyers are spoiled lol-2.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 1 2015, 11:32 AM) *

Oops. I saw that Jason but thought it was only for our personal teeners. Thanks Andy. I left a note to see if it was for sale so l'll let prospective buyers know the outcome. Kent

I just have to say this.

You walked onto some strangers property, snooped around and took pics of their car including the vin, posted it on the internet, all in the hopes the stranger that wasn't home could be talked into selling his known recently running driving good condition car to somebody else on the internet?

Not cool dude.
sb914
popcorn[1].gif
JRust
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 1 2015, 06:53 PM) *

I just have to say this.

You walked onto some strangers property, snooped around and took pics of their car including the vin, posted it on the internet, all in the hopes the stranger that wasn't home could be talked into selling his known recently running driving good condition car to somebody else on the internet?

Not cool dude.

It's totally fine. My 914 get's looked at no matter where it is. Plus people take pictures. The Vin is info available to anyone who looks at your car. There is nothing wrong with adding the Vin to the 914 database. Just let's us know how many are out there. Nothing sneaky about it. I've left my car on many 914's. Just to see if to see if they want to meet up. Talk cars or get them onto 914world. Nothing malicious in any of it. They call if they want or they stay in there little bubble. I'm not offended either way
whitetwinturbo
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif
bigkensteele

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

Slow it down, dude, posting a VIN on the internet is not like posting a social security number. Your car's VIN doesn't have credit associated with it, and it can't really be stolen for any gain, unless it is a highly sought after car. This one is not. The car was parked right off the sidewalk, not really too deep on public land. If it were my car, I would take no offense to this post.
sb914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 1 2015, 09:03 PM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

Slow it down, dude, posting a VIN on the internet is not like posting a social security number. Your car's VIN doesn't have credit associated with it, and it can't really be stolen for any gain, unless it is a highly sought after car. This one is not. The car was parked right off the sidewalk, not really too deep on public land. If it were my car, I would take no offense to this post.

agree.gif
billh1963
I'm about as security conscious as any; however, I always get a kick out of those who cover their license plates or worry about VIN's.

Every day you drive your car your license plate is viewed by untold numbers of people and captured on multiple security cameras, etc.

Your VIN is easily viewed any time you park your car.

That being said, I would be upset if someone walked up on my property. We Southerner's are very protective of property rights....must be something that came about from carpetbaggers and scallywags lol-2.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 2 2015, 03:24 AM) *

I'm about as security conscious as any; however, I always get a kick out of those who cover their license plates or worry about VIN's.

Every day you drive your car your license plate is viewed by untold numbers of people and captured on multiple security cameras, etc.

Your VIN is easily viewed any time you park your car.

That being said, I would be upset if someone walked up on my property. We Southerner's are very protective of property rights....must be something that came about from carpetbaggers and scallywags lol-2.gif

It used to be in California...not a carpetbagger state...that you could find where someone lived by their license plate. The DMV changed that when a stalker found out where a famous actress lived and then shot her.

So I have some trepidation about posting my license plate.

Your address is also seen from the street and many people can see it, but very few including myself post
it here.
76-914

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

I'm not into cool; just 914's and folks who drive 'em. finger.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:06 AM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

REALLY?

You guys have no regard for private property or privacy?

This isn't a 914 in the wild in a parking lot. This is trespassing and blatant disregard for the owner's right to be left alone.

Kent didn't say he left a World/Rennlist/Club/Pelican invitation b-card. He did say he left HIS card asking if it was for sale, but not for himself, but to advertise the car here on a whim one of us might go after it. All ASSUMING the unseen owner MIGHT want to sell. screwy.gif

I sure as hell wouldn't want some self centered complete stranger trying to sell my no-indication-its-for-sale car on the internet without out my knowledge or permission.

Lastly, Kent, after all the help I gave you with your A/C questions... back at you finger.gif finger.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 2 2015, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:06 AM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

REALLY?

You guys have no regard for private property or privacy?

This isn't a 914 in the wild in a parking lot. This is trespassing and blatant disregard for the owner's right to be left alone.

Kent didn't say he left a World/Rennlist/Club/Pelican invitation b-card. He did say he left HIS card asking if it was for sale, but not for himself, but to advertise the car here on a whim one of us might go after it. All ASSUMING the unseen owner MIGHT want to sell. screwy.gif

I sure as hell wouldn't want some self centered complete stranger trying to sell my no-indication-its-for-sale car on the internet without out my knowledge or permission.

Lastly, Kent, after all the help I gave you with your A/C questions... back at you finger.gif finger.gif

popcorn[1].gif wow dude!
Mike Bellis
I love this websiite! happy11.gif

IBTL
walterolin
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 2 2015, 11:15 PM) *

I love this websiite! happy11.gif

IBTL

Best comment on this thread.
bigkensteele
I have dogs for a reason, and it isn't just to make me feel smarter.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 2 2015, 07:06 AM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

When I first saw this posting. I thought the same. ..why in the hell would someone simply walk on to someone property and take a picture of there vin...my thoughts are "IF" I wanted to, I will provide. So trying to be "cool " is simply wrong. Some folks say how about your license. ..by law you have to have one, I don't remember seeing a law requesting one to provide the car"s vin on the web.
Junebug
I put myself in the shoes of the 6' 7" Russian Trucker that just got in after 13 days on the road, hearing something outside while putting his boots in the garage, on his way back to a lingerie clad anxious woman. I wonder how he will react when he opens his door and sees you leering and photographing his stuff.
whitetwinturbo
Russian truck drivers driving 914 and other things home....just picturing this ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.