Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: TN4 trim retaining clip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rpc
I'm looking for a TN4 trim ring retaining clip. It's the small clip that screws to the mounting bracket. If anyone has one to sell, or knows where I can buy one, please let me know.
TIA,
--Richard

Click to view attachment
rpc
Still looking for this.....
rick 918-S
Sorry but what is a TN4? Am I falling into some kind of a joke is on me thing?

Like what is the Toe Nail For?
boxstr
Pm sent. Rick it is a retaining clip for the factory fog lites. I asked the same thing. Apparently there are different styles and they use Tn 1-2-3-4 for the styles.
Craig at CAMP
rpc
Rick, no joke, though the part is a detail that you wouldn't notice unless you were taking these things apart (and putting them back together). As Craig alluded to, Hella TN1/2 were the fog Lights used on the 70-72 models, and TN4s were used 73-74. The TN4s are identical to the Hella 118s commonly seen as through the grill fogs on early 911s, except the 118s are chromed. (I'm sure there are some additional details I'm overlooking, but that's sorta the picture.)

Anyway, Craig has come through, so a big Thank You!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rpc @ Dec 4 2015, 05:37 PM) *

Rick, no joke, though the part is a detail that you wouldn't notice unless you were taking these things apart (and putting them back together). As Craig alluded to, Hella TN1/2 were the fog Lights used on the 70-72 models, and TN4s were used 73-74. The TN4s are identical to the Hella 118s commonly seen as through the grill fogs on early 911s, except the 118s are chromed. (I'm sure there are some additional details I'm overlooking, but that's sorta the picture.)

Anyway, Craig has come through, so a big Thank You!

Thanks Fellas! Had me scratching over that one. idea.gif wacko.gif
rpc
Turns out Craig had other clips, but not this one (thanks anyway, Craig). So, still looking.....
rick 918-S
Can we reproduce those? Trace the side profile and measure the holes. barf.gif idea.gif

6hours of R&D for a 2.30 part... confused24.gif smile.gif icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.