Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hydraulic Wheel Dolly Recommendation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
moldygreg
Hi All-

I'm getting tired of wheeling the teener around on a set of cheapo HF wheel dollies and then jacking the car up each time to remove the dollies.

Any "affordable" recommendations for a set of hydraulic wheel dollies? $400 seems reasonable, but don't think I could justify twice that for a set of Go Jacks.

Many thanks in advance!
screenguy914
QUOTE(moldygreg @ Dec 1 2015, 10:45 AM) *

Hi All-

I'm getting tired of wheeling the teener around on a set of cheapo HF wheel dollies and then jacking the car up each time to remove the dollies.

Any "affordable" recommendations for a set of hydraulic wheel dollies? $400 seems reasonable, but don't think I could justify twice that for a set of Go Jacks.

Many thanks in advance!

From your message, you're referring to the simple wheeled, formed sheet metal platforms that HF sells. FYI, HF also sells a GoJack-like wheel dolly (currently $100 ea.), but with a mechanical ratcheting lift mechanism instead of a hydraulic ram.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-capac...olly-61917.html
Note: It appears this is a newer design. The older version can support a wider tire (+9") and is painted red. Can't speak for the construction on the newer version.

Maintenance and repair is something to consider. Hydraulic versions (GoJack and equiv.) may have o-ring/seal issues at some later date. I imagine GoJack should have replacement parts (please confirm). Not so sure about the imported versions.

MHO,
Sherwood
(no affiliation)
moldygreg
QUOTE(screenguy914 @ Dec 1 2015, 11:12 AM) *

QUOTE(moldygreg @ Dec 1 2015, 10:45 AM) *

Hi All-

Many thanks in advance!

From your message, you're referring to the simple wheeled, formed sheet metal platforms that HF sells. FYI, HF also sells a GoJack-like wheel dolly (currently $100 ea.), but with a mechanical ratcheting lift mechanism instead of a hydraulic ram.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-capac...olly-61917.html
Note: It appears this is a newer design. The older version can support a wider tire (+9") and is painted red. Can't speak for the construction on the newer version.

Maintenance and repair is something to consider. Hydraulic versions (GoJack and equiv.) may have o-ring/seal issues at some later date. I imagine GoJack should have replacement parts (please confirm). Not so sure about the imported versions.

MHO,
Sherwood
(no affiliation)

Thanks for the message. Correct, I have the formed sheet metal platforms and they're a pain to get the car on/off.

The hydraulic version seems so much easier to move the car around, so I'm seeking any recommendations on what's an affordable option -- I'm now thinking maybe the ones from Eastwood, but did not see that HF had a newer design out. Will check out that.

Greg
rudedude
I just got a set of the harbor freight and was quite surprise that they actually work. I think they were delivered for under $90 apiece.
budk
QUOTE(rudedude @ Dec 2 2015, 09:22 AM) *

I just got a set of the harbor freight and was quite surprise that they actually work. I think they were delivered for under $90 apiece.

I bought 4 of them at HF about 4 years ago on sale for $60 a piece. They work great but I don't really use them any more. If the OP was close I would consider selling them. Keep an eye out for another sale and use a 20% off coupon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.