Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Decides To Go Back To Classic Repair!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Porsche to become classic repair facilities!
Briby37
I saw this, too.

http://www.motoroso.com/Motoroso/Garage/56...Classic-Centers

They're not only doing repairs, but they'll also be selling classics as well. They've been doing repairs for some time, but they're finally going to be coming to North America with this expansion.
914Sixer
They are going to have to do a lot of training for the Porsche classics, most of the people that worked on these cars are gone to the big Porsche parking lot. Going to have to do things the old fashion way with no computer to plug in for diagnostics.

pete000
I hear the new test track in Carson CA will have a Classic repair center in it.

Wish I could afford to use them !
Mark Henry
I thought we had a thread on this a couple months ago confused24.gif
krazykonrad
I can confirm the one in Atlanta. I dropped by in September and tehey already had several cars in. An amazing shop set-up.

Konrad
Elliot Cannon
I wonder what the hourly rate will be? Do they consider the 914 a classic?
bulitt
Body in White smilie_pokal.gif
thieuster
A few weeks ago I mentined the Grand Opening of the world's first Porsche Classic Car Center in Heteren, The Netherlands.

The phrase 'world's first' Porsche Classic Car Center comes from Felix Brautigam, boardmember of Porsche AG who attended the offical opening last week.

Accoriding to herr Brautigam, 70% of all Porsches ever built, still exist. Sadly not all are roadworthy. That's why Porsche has started its classic car scheme: reproducing parts for old(er) Porsches.

Again, from Herr Brautigam: the factory has appointed a dedicated dealer in Holland because of various reasons: first, the positive attitude of the dealer towards classic Porsches, then the high numbers of classic Porsches in Western Europe, the short logistic routes from Zuffenhausen to Heteren (270 miles) and the high standard of classic car restoration here in Holland.

I've been to the Grand Opening and I must say that I was impressed by the atmosphere! The workshop looks like the Formula 1 workshops I've seen on pics: like operating theatres in a hospital. All tools are in drawers, all hoses and cables hang from stations on the ceiling! Then there's the lay out of the shop: everything is very organically and logically 'composed': bodyshop, paint shop, maintenance... Then finally the lighting! Think about the lights in a dentists' room. Very bright lights. Next step is wearing welding goggles...

The hourly rate is 119 euros excl 21% VAT (yes... 21%). Given the fact that restoring a classic car takes 1000 - 1200 hrs at least, you can figure out the total sum for the work alone. Add to that the parts and the add ons like improved brakes etc...

No wonder that there was no 914 in the shop.

Menno

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.