Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who here is a starter guru
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I had the starter for the 928 at the swap meet today and DougC was looking for one for his teener. We could not decide if it would work or not. Does it spin the wrong way and would it bolt up? I got a couple of 914 starters around here so I can fix him up but this had us thinking and wondering. confused24.gif
rick 918-S
If you have a booster charger you can spin it and see if it turns the right direction. Beyond that that some measurements, check the size diameter of the gear, depth, bolt flanges, etc. If it fits as a 914 style you may want to keep it for your conversion.
spare time toys
I got that big six starter but it would be my luck that this would have worked wacko.gif Just so I dont have to kick my own butt I hope its to big and goes the wrong way biggrin.gif
GWN7
Or use jumper cables from a battery to check the rotation...
rick 918-S
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Mar 12 2005, 07:59 PM)
I got that big six starter but it would be my luck that this would have worked wacko.gif Just so I dont have to kick my own butt I hope its to big and goes the wrong way biggrin.gif

cool_shades.gif idea.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.