Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On The Scales...Its A Heavyweight!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cracker
We put the teener on the race scales today...its a little "Miss Piggy"! I was actually hoping to be under 2,350 lbs but it was a little over. A little heavy for a teener but comparative LIGHTNESS against nearly any other road going car. I'm satisfied.

It came in at 2,392 lbs (42/58 F/R) wet with a full tank of fuel. That isn't all that bad considering stock it is 2,194 lbs (46/54 F/R); I wonder if manufacturers weight #'s are wet? Hmm?

We did not corner balance but here are the scales with me (227 lbs) in the car.

I can't help but compare it (power and weight) to the 991 GT3. I know, there's really no "comparison" between the two but its fun!

1) 991 GT3: 3,150 lbs / 450 hp =7 to 1; Torque: 9.7 to 1; Gas Mileage: 20 Hwy

2) 914/LS3/986-6 Speed: 2,392 / 465 hp = 5.14; Torque: 5.31 to 1; Gas Mileage: 28 Hwy

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Bodacious!
sb914
wub.gif
raynekat
I'm sure that baby get's on down the road!
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
brant
Nice!
914-300Hemi
Very cool..
mgp4591
Maybe heavier than you were planning for but it's gotta be a rocket and a helluva lot cheaper than the option you're comparing to! Great job and a great looking car to boot! drooley.gif
Cracker
Cheers and again, thanks for the encouragement!

Tony
Andyrew
That seams right, in fact actually pretty light for a full cage car... The cage adds 200lbs...
Chris Pincetich
I hope you have a clear lexan rear lid biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
r_towle
I see a simple 30 lbs you could lose smile.gif
Cracker
Andy - I agree and was never chasing weight - its a hot rod.

Chris - Hmm? That might be a good idea!

Rich - I could lose a few but the car is fine. Thanks!

Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.