Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dave Lyons (mtn flyr) Your Chariot Awaits You!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Eric_Shea
Hey Dave! She's ready...

Our neighbor to the North commissioned us to build him a killer 2.7 PMO, M471 themed "Monster". I think we reached our objectives. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Dave brought us a very nice 1974 Alaska Blue Metallic slab sided 914. We pumped a little testosterone into it's flanks and this is what happened. Alaska Blue is such a sophisticatedly stunning color when done right.

Click to view attachment

She rides right. She sits right. She is right.

Click to view attachment

French treatment to the fogs and a proper oil cooler top off the front end treatment.

Click to view attachment

Who would have known testosterone would create such sexy hips.

Click to view attachment

Rumored to have seen speeds in excess of 130mph (on a closed race course with a professional driver) with more to spare, this 2.7 PMO power plant makes perfect power for this chassis.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The GT engine lid coupled with the low pressure flaps and the front cooler and you have yourself a steady 180 degree runner.

Click to view attachment

Konigs will keep Dave and passenger safely seated where they need be.

Click to view attachment

New dash in place!

Click to view attachment

Inviting cockpit.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
gms
Very nice work Mr. Shea!
I love that blue
colingreene
Dat Butt hawt.
Dont like the steering wheel though.
Dion
That is one beautiful 914. Very sharp. Well done guys.
TJB/914
QUOTE(gms @ Dec 2 2015, 04:13 PM) *

Very nice work Mr. Shea!
I love that blue

agree.gif
Beautiful workmanship and color. first.gif

Tom
C-Ya MK
Very nice, gonna turn heads for sure
Kansas 914
Stunning - well done! I hope to see it at an event soon.
KELTY360
Deeeelicious! chowtime.gif drooley.gif
rick 918-S
Drive it like ya stole it! beerchug.gif
Bruce Hinds
Woweeee is that ever beautiful.

One question . . . with all the detail, why did you leave the cooling shroud funky green?
Cracker
Looks fantastic Eric! Congratulations Dave!

Tony
raynekat
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 2 2015, 03:13 PM) *

One question . . . with all the detail, why did you leave the cooling shroud funky green?

I actually like the green or "E" fan shroud.
The US 2.7 Carreras and S had it as well.

Only an amber shroud could have been better in my opinion.
jor
Wow, that's a stunner. I'd be so proud if that were my car!
r_towle
Well done.
iwanta914-6
Wow!
altitude411
Fantastic work Eric & crew. She's beautiful. beerchug.gif Dave has a gorgeous 14 to go with his 11. Can't wait to see it on the road. Probably not for a couple of weeks while winter withers away... lol-2.gif
PlantMan
Cool buggy! Nice work!

What's the white stuff on the ground???? biggrin.gif

wndsnd
Very nice. Makes me want to rethink flares.

But then I think of Rich. poke.gif
PanelBilly
Beautiful car. Hoping to see a video of it on the road soon
914_teener
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Dec 2 2015, 07:11 PM) *

Very nice. Makes me want to rethink flares.

But then I think of Rich. poke.gif

That.s funny laugh.gif

Nice car...

Nice work Eric.
Cairo94507
Beautiful car. What would a set of Konigs cost? Do they mount to the stock seat rails? My wife liked those seats. She remembers driving our last Six and having no support as she flew around turns.....Great, now I need to check into seats.
Elliot Cannon
Too nice to drive? laugh.gif Nice job Eric.
rjames
clap56.gif
Larmo63
I don't mind that wheel although you put it on crooked.
carr914
Very Nice!

Don't like the Dark Tint on the Windows though
DRPHIL914
beerchug.gif
absolutely stunning, I thing next to my copper metallic that is my favorite color !!!
= people can nit pick such things as fan shroud or steering wheel , but its just because we are jealous !!! BTW why would do such awesome perfect work on the outside, and not replace the carpet on the inside?? - -just kidding drooley.gif

thanks for sharing, its inspiration for our Build-off challenge cars as well. Great work, Eric!!

Curious, how many cars a year are you set to be able to work on in you current facility?
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:27 PM) *

Beautiful car. What would a set of Konigs cost? Do they mount to the stock seat rails? My wife liked those seats. She remembers driving our last Six and having no support as she flew around turns.....Great, now I need to check into seats.

Not sure on the current going rate, but they do fit on stock rails and the headrest and backs fit perfectly into the backpad.

They are a snug seat, I probably fit better in mine now that I no longer work out (smaller lats) biggrin.gif
Puebloswatcop
Absolutely beautiful car, very nice work.
iamchappy
Beautiful, You may want to seal up the MSD ignition, i had water get into mine through the aluminum back cover seam after i washed the car this summer, i ended up having to buy a new one.

It also could get pretty hot mounted there, also hard to get at the distributor, i have mine on the driver side firewall and i gets really hot to the point i am planning on moving it.
LowBridge
fantastic job beerchug.gif
blackmoon
beer.gif beerchug.gif nicely done
shoguneagle
Great looking car and great job! Could you give us the paint brand and any information on matching the original L96B code?
worn
QUOTE(gms @ Dec 2 2015, 01:13 PM) *

Very nice work Mr. Shea!
I love that blue

agree.gif

Reminds me of Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein. Talking to Peter Boyle, the monster. "Why are they afraid of you? Because they are jealous!"
Maltese Falcon
Beautiful build Eric , it would look great in the PMB tent at Renn6 next to yours biggrin.gif
Marty
EdwardBlume
Nice work... Kind of looks familiar....
johnlush
Looks great, good work Eric! The Alaska blue with the flares really works. Any pics of the build? Especially the front cooler. I really need to do a front cooler...
914mikee100
That is a beautiful signal orange build in the background! rolleyes.gif
mtn flyr
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 2 2015, 09:27 PM) *

Bought em used right here for 1200...Thanks for the kind words!
mtn flyr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2015, 06:19 AM) *

Very Nice!

Don't like the Dark Tint on the Windows though

Must be the lighting, there is no tinting to the glass.
Steve
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:27 PM) *

I love konigs, but my 32" ass wouldn't fit in them. Curious if they make them any wider now? bootyshake.gif
MJHanna
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 3 2015, 08:50 AM) *

Beautiful, You may want to seal up the MSD ignition, i had water get into mine through the aluminum back cover seam after i washed the car this summer, i ended up having to buy a new one.

It also could get pretty hot mounted there, also hard to get at the distributor, i have mine on the driver side firewall and i gets really hot to the point i am planning on moving it.

agree.gif I have mine behind the Passenger seat.
mtn flyr
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 2 2015, 04:13 PM) *

Woweeee is that ever beautiful.

US 2.7 came w/ green shroud. that's what it is, and I didn't see a reason to change it. Thanks!
johnhora
Eric and Dave...what size wheels and tires were used on this build....very nice looking!
Mueller
Very nice!

whitetwinturbo
WOW beer3.gif
infraredcalvin
Very, very nice!
Krieger
That is a beautiful looking car! Nice work Eric!
Eric_Shea
Thanks gang.

The wheels are 7 and 8x15's
flmont
Here is a ( not suppose to ask) question....how much did it all cost, And what did you start with,flares,no flares,..diffrant color,5 lug upgrade...Etc ????? Thanks..
Spoke
Absolutely love the car. One of the nicest cars I've seen.

It does make me wonder with this beautiful upgrade somehow center caps on the Fuchs aren't in the budget. Unless this is just a race car or some period-correct look or not installed yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.