Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebrake handle ratchet issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangerranger01
So I've had an issue where the ebrake handle ractchet doesn't always catch. Today i was pulling carpet to inspect my longs and had to pull the handle so thought i would look into it.

First, is the pivot supposed to be slightly bent toward the rear?

IPB Image

^^That might be my issue. You see the pawl will tweak to the inside and looks to miss the teeth. I think the bend in the pivot would cause this...
Anybody experience this before and have a fix? Maybe i could bend the pivot?. Any help is appreciated.

IPB Image

IPB Image

boxstr
The issue I had for one park brake handle , was the spring for the button was not pushing the ratchet enough to allow it to catch. I would recommend that you remove the handle and look closely ath the spring that is located in the handle.
Craig at CAMP
rgalla9146
Remove the handle and use a vise or a vise grip to squeeze the sides closer together with the toothed part removed. Leave only enough space for the ratchet to move freely.
By doing this the ratchet teeth will stay in better alignment.
While it is out put the toothy ratchet part in the vise and use a V shape file to renew the shape of the teeth.
Lubricate the moving parts and reassemble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.