Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Porsches?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Is Porsche going to finally build a 2 door panamera?

If not, does anyone own a Macan?
How about Cayenne?

I am starting to look at replacing the A8 but I want something at least as comfy, but hopefully better, and it needs all the 2015/6 technology...
This is a highways/ airport car....

Rich
snakemain
I have a Macan S. Absolutely love it! The Cayenne felt a bit too big for us, but the sitting in the Macan actually has the same feel as sitting in a Cayman or 911 in the showroom...view out of the cockpit is very similar. Interior I think is a step up from Boxster/Cayman. Turbo engine is nice. Small bit of turbo lag/PDK tranny lag that you wouldn't have with a true manual, but after that it pulls like a tractor. Easy enough to bump it into Sport Plus mode and that goes away. Back seats aren't huge, but enough room for my little kiddos in car seats and room for luggage or groceries in the back. Air suspension lets it lower a couple inches. A little easier to get in/out than a Cayman/911 from my playing in the showroom...a little higher and narrower door sills. Seats are nice...I got the 18-way upgraded ones. Definitely worth a look, and the price is right for being a new Porsche.
iwanta914-6
2 door Panamera? Wouldn't that be a 911? tongue.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 2 2015, 09:13 PM) *

Engine is in a slightly different location.
Dave_Darling
They've been talking about a two-door Panamera for years, ever since the 4-door came out! Everyone was speculating about it as a "928 reboot". Though considering how the original of those turned out... (Not exactly a huge profit-maker for Porsche, regardless of how good the car was.)

--DD
EdwardBlume
I drive a 2014 Acura RLX. Nice car.
thelogo
I doubt anything is gonna measure up to the a8

It's pretty much the benchmark of highway / aeroport
Car

Why mess with perfection

I think Phil ....... Jackson has one

Zen master pray.gif
dflesburg
They make a stretch version of the Panamera (like a limo )....
jor
I agree with several of the thoughts, above. After an A8, the Macan will feel small and, if you're carrying both passengers and luggage, it won't have the capacity of even the swb A8. The Cayenne is larger and tracks nicely on the highway (at least the S does; I haven't had any experience with a base or a turbo), but it's less an airport car than the A8. If you don't like the Panamera, I might head to a newer A8L.
rick 918-S
Saw a guy get out of a Macan S the other day. Said the same thing. Feels like the Cayman. Trouble is all new Porsches will be Chick-tronic... dry.gif
Racer
My dad has a new base Cayenne. Its very nice, but I wouldn't call it an airport car either. I think of an airport car as being very plush. I find the suspension too stiff, even on the base Cayenne with the base wheels. I always feel like my head is moving around in it.
Ductech
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Dec 2 2015, 07:13 PM) *

Nope... It would be my 968. Or better yet a 928 s4/ or gts
matthepcat
They are building a 600HP all electric car:

IPB Image
r_towle
An airport car in my definition is a car that spends a lot of time at the airport in the garage while I travel and feels like a bed when I get in it after a long trip.

Also, gotta be durable so when car doors hit it I won't be sad....cause that happens all the time.

I don't leave the 911 or 914 at the airport.

In the end, I gave up this year and will put another couple of grand into the car and keep it running for another few years.
Tires ain't cheap, dang...
Bulldog9
I almost bought a Macan earlier this year, was going to sell the M3 and Jeep and go with a Sport SUV, but decided to stick and hold with what I have.

The Macan S and in many ways the Macan drives like a performance Sports Car. With the added 'utility' of an SUV it is a great all purpose vehicle, and the price point is unbeatable if you want a P car. The salesman was very cool and he had two Macans dedicated as test drivers, he threw me the key fobs and said go have fun. Was gone 45 minutes with the Macan and 30 with the S..... Did Not abuse the cars, but drove them hard........... Hard to believe it was an SUV had a real rear bias sports car feel, supple suspension, amazing engine sounds. I'm not a huge fan of all the buttons and the odd climate controls but it all works well. Wasn't impressed enough with the S to spend the extra $$. The Macan is very comfortable, and solid at high speeds on the highway and twisty roads, and super easy to drive in town. It's not A8 comfy, but has great seats (and options) and is more compact, but a great ride all together.

One of the coolest things about Porsche's selling philosophy, is if you are willing to wait, the whole menu is 'ala carte' build your own your way. Literally hundreds of options available. VERY cool.

In the end, I love my Jeep and M3, and I decided to keep them and the $800 a month in my pocket. I LOVE not having car payments, and though the fleet is aged, I'm happy.... Why not keep the A8? If in the market for a Sedan, 'd be looking at the Jag XF or XJ...........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.