Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help re seats - Konig, Lemans, what?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cairo94507
So I saw a set of Konig seats in a 914 and they looked perfect (the car Eric just finished) My wife saw them and recounted me with the trouble she had going around corners fast in our last Six in stock seats. She saw the Konigs and loved them. So I am considering upgrading to a GT style seat with some lateral support. But I would hope to be able to cover them in the stock looking leather to match the rest of the interior. What you all thinking?
Mike Bellis
The answer doesn't really matter. You wont drive it... poke.gif
Larmo63
I like the GTS STs or LeMans seats…….
altitude411
Slow down. shades.gif
ChrisFoley
Renegade
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 2 2015, 11:45 PM) *

So I saw a set of Konig seats in a 914 and they looked perfect (the car Eric just finished) My wife saw them and recounted me with the trouble she had going around corners fast in our last Six in stock seats. She saw the Konigs and loved them. So I am considering upgrading to a GT style seat with some lateral support. But I would hope to be able to cover them in the stock looking leather to match the rest of the interior. What you all thinking?

I know your dilemma.
I have always liked the idea of interiors in interesting colors.
Brown, tan, green, maroon, whatever.
Leather ? even better.
Most replica sport seats are offered in black only.
What if you want to match your current interior color ?
There are at least two companies offering seats for our cars.
To upgrade to leather is possible. But expensive.
Can the texture of our interiors be matched ?
Are the seats and the materials offered good quality ?
Can anyone here share their experience ?
It's a big price to end up with mixed results.
Cairo94507
My interior was at least partially recovered in leather in years past. Whatever seats I end up with will go to the upholstery shop with the rest of the interior to make sure it all matches and is nice and straight and tight. I want to use the later model back pad and keep it looking as stock as possible given the replacement seats. The passenger seat will be adjustable too. At least that is what I am thinking at this point.

Oh, I definitely plan on driving my Six. driving.gif
Eric_Shea
We sell these now. I love them. They're going in the off-road project:

Click to view attachment

They are marketed here as GTS seats, Le Mans for 914.
VegasRacer
I have had a LeMans GTS seat in my car for 10 years. IMHO they are fantastic. thumb3d.gif
Dominic
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:45 PM) *

I have a set of Konig seats in one of my cars and these were a direct fit for the 914, so they fit perfectly into the backpad as well. They keep you planted in that seat. You are welcome to stop by my house in Vacaville if you want to try them for size. I also have some GTS seats in my -6 that you can compare them with.
Cheers,
Dominic
Elliot Cannon
I also have GTS LeMans seats. I like them a lot.
EdwardBlume
+1 on Renegade unless you're a husky fella
Cairo94507
Thanks Dominic-
Sounds like a plan. I will get a hold of you after the holidays to get a chance to meet and have a seat to see how they fit.
Thanks so much for the offer.
Michael
Steve
I have owned both GTS lemans and konig. Konig was too tight on my 32" ass so I sold them. Even the lemans is a snug fit, but I am quite happy with them. Around town I use a stock seat. For autocross or spirited driving, I put in the GTS lemans seat. Both look great and fit the backpad nicely. I think the konig was better built than the GTS lemans leather seat I have. I have had problems with the GTS and stock seat mounts. The bottom of the seat is hitting the seat mount cross brace. I had to use longer screws and spacers to get it to clear.
Racer
I recall back when 914s came out, folks would remove the seat bottom cushion to get a more "bucket" feel. Then he bought a Sheel (looks like the current Koenig seats) and that worked better but wasn't class legal for certain events.

Depending on size of driver and/or passenger try to find one to sit in first. Also note that if one is of slight dimension, the lap part of the seat belt may not rest closely as the bolster blocks the belt.
Dave_Darling
Very very few of the stock seats were ever leather. Just about all were vinyl, or vinyl with cloth inserts.

If you want the seat to look as close to stock as possible, use the stock seat. And remove the bottom cushion, as Dave above said. Especially for someone wide across the seating area, that provides a good bit of lateral support. You can even cut a thin cushion out of closed-cell foam or some such, and wrap it in basketweave vinyl to match the upper insert.

--DD
mepstein
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 3 2015, 10:22 AM) *

We sell these now. I love them. They're going in the off-road project:

Click to view attachment

They are marketed here as GTS seats, Le Mans for 914.

Great - I am a future customer. Maybe bring my pair to Hershey if you end up driving a trailer to the swap.
screenguy914
Looks like the same GTS Classic Lemans seats in my 914. I increased the seat angle for more arm-to-steering wheel room. This prevented regular headrest travel and thus the custom headrest mounts on the harness bar.

Click to view attachment

Sherwood
MoveQik
If you want the factory look, how about a factory seat with built up bolsters? Insert material of your choice. I went with black tweed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.