Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Caliper ADAPTERS & Front 944 Hubs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ajracer
Help Needed, and this is the PLACE to GO !

Here we go with a couple of inquiries and assistance needed:

1/ WILL my 944 Front Hubs WORK on my 911 struts (3.5" spacing) ?

2/ And WILL the 30mm front rotors to bolt to my 944 FRONT hubs ?

3/ REAR - WHAT do I need for ADAPTERS to bolt my 944 turbo calipers to the Stock
914 Rear Control Arms ? What is the best and most common way to do this ?
(Note: the 944 turbo calipers appear to be about 3.75" bolt spacing; I plan
on using Carrera rotors on the rear.)

4/ Anyone have adapter templates (from 3.0" to 3.75" spacing for the rear caliper
mounts ??)

All replies and comments are greatly appreciated, ever if another method is suggested.
Thanks again and awaiting your replies.

Allan
Aaron Cox
wilwood made 944 turbo calipers?
Mueller
1)...yes, the hubs should work, another member here just did this a few weeks ago

2)...if the 30mm wide rotors fit 911 hubs, they will fit the 944 hubs

3)...you can cut and weld new mounting ears to the rear trailing arm (this seems like a great method for those that can fabricate and weld) see this thread, not much info about it, but it's pretty darn simple if you have the parts in front of you to measure and layout
more caliper talk ....when I get around to installing my 4-piston RX-7 calipers on the rear, I'll probebly go this route instead of using adapters like I have for the front.

user posted image
Aaron Cox
mikey,

whats the spacing on the RX7 calipers?
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 12 2005, 10:36 PM)
mikey,

whats the spacing on the RX7 calipers?

something like 6.25" or so.....the only methods I can think of to mount them are:

1) weld new mounting ears to struts or trailing arm....I don't like this method for the front struts, but others have succefully done this with no problems...I have no problem welding the rear trailing arm, maybe I only trust my welding to a certain degree biggrin.gif

2) use rotors with a different offset (centerline of the rotor) and or use a larger diameter rotor...this is what I am doing on the front, my rotors will be 12.19" diameter instead of the stock 11" diameter, also, my rotors will be mounted with aluminum hats that bolt to the 911 hub with a slightly different offset so that the rotor will be ~.25 closer to the rims than with the stock setup...an adapter will be used to bolt the RX-7 caliper to the stock strut.

Aaron Cox
what about an ebrake mike?

im thinking volvos or 944 calipers on all four corners..i would need an ebrake setup though sad.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 12 2005, 11:03 PM)

im thinking volvos or 944 calipers on all four corners..i would need an ebrake setup though sad.gif

I'm installing a 911 drum brake style e-brake...I'd call it a bolt-on affair, but you have to remove the rear flange/hub and mount it so it'll have to wait until I decide to install new rear wheel bearings......
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Mar 12 2005, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 12 2005, 11:03 PM)

im thinking volvos or 944 calipers on all four corners..i would need an ebrake setup though  :(

I'm installing a 911 drum brake style e-brake...I'd call it a bolt-on affair, but you have to remove the rear flange/hub and mount it so it'll have to wait until I decide to install new rear wheel bearings......

whos making your new ebrake cables?
Mueller
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 12 2005, 11:11 PM)
whos making your new ebrake cables?

I have not gotten that far with the project yet, more than likley just make something myself smash.gif
ajracer
Thanks for the input guys.

Aaron - the Wilwood's are for 911, but I am planning to use 944 hubs but with
911 rotors, provided the offset is ok.

Any one have thoughts where i might locate MORE INFO on adapters or Welding
procedure for the additional mounting tabs on the rear control arms. Is this really
a simple task to align up and then just have welded ?

Thanks again.

Allan
BIGKAT_83
Go to the website and open the catalog they have caliber mounts for 3.5/5.25" calibers and pretty cheap at $5.50 each.
http://www.ubmachine.com/ rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.