Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mexico Blue?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
Anyone have a car painted in Mexico Blue? I'm trying to verify the color of this car. Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
The pic sure looks like the 993 Mexico Blue color. I remember a 993 Cab named "Jellybean" in that color; it was driven to several West Coast Parades from the East Coast.

--DD
kupcar
Dave, Thanks for the input. The car is tucked away for the winter and I wanted to get some touch up paint made. I'll take a close up to give to the paint shop but I just wanted a color name as a starting point. It's funny, this car is also referred to as "Jellybean"!
Chris H.
Might be Laguna Blue. Is it a '75 - '76? Looks a LOT like a car I remember being in SoCal a while back. Had fat bumpers at the time. 2.7L conversion. Fiberglass bumpers.

Here's a pic:

Click to view attachment

Here's an unfaded Laguna Blue car:

Click to view attachment

L50C is the paint code. Really depends on how the light is hitting it..in the garage mine looks a lot like yours. Hard to say for sure. Can you get to the tag in the door jamb? Color code is on it.
Sleepin
Near to Far:

Sapphire, Mexico, Voodoo, Gulf.
Sleepin
Laguna Blue is very close to Mexico Blue. I can't seem to find a picture with them side by side.

Laguna Blue:
kupcar
Thanks everyone. I think I must be partially color blind. Laguna and Mexico look very close in color. Unfortunately it's not the original color the car was born with. That would be Irish Green. Maybe my paint guy has swatches that I can compare? The car is kind of tucked away for the winter so it makes the color match a little more difficult.
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
993 "Jelly Bean " blue is Riviera Blue.
Mexico Blue was a mid 70's color..

Irish green is a very desirable & beautiful color on a 914 (and you don't see many).
SKL1
Mexico blue is a little lighter I believe, but pictures don't do it justice as lighting can really affect it.
There is a 991 in MB for sale at rennlist classifieds right now...

(I have a PTS Spyder on order in Mexico Blue but it won't be built till February- I'll post a pic if it ever gets here!)
kupcar
Who would of thought there would be so many little variations of blue. I think lighting has a lot to do with the pictures. I just wanted some touch up paint made. The roads have already gone to crap after a couple of snows with salting. Maybe I can get some color swatches in the paint codes mentioned.
puffinator
check these out

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...-blue-pics.html
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
If you want touch up paint made for an existing color already on the car just pull your headlight cover off and have the auto paint store scan it and have a pint mixed up?
Should be a perfect match that way.

Andrew
kupcar
Thanks to all. I totally overlooked the headlight cover for a color scan. Perfect!
r_towle
The eyebrow is faster, just pull it off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.