Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost an idle jet.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
So, I get working on my car today since it's been running rough and wouldn't start today... While adjusting the points Ifind that the screw hole into which the screw that holds them down goes is stripped, so after fiddling with it for a while I go buy a 009 type unit and replace it. Then I decide to clean my jets while I'm at it, since it wasn't running well, and find that one of my idle jets is missing! headbang.gif
Are 40ida3c and 40idf idle jets interchangeable? I could pull one off of my 911 if it would work.

A 009 should work, right?

ripper911
The battery is pretty much dead, so I'm on hold for the moment. I suppose I'll just order an idle jet and work on it this weekend.

Does anybody know if worldpac stocks them? If so I should be able to get one tomorrow.
Mark Henry
Best /6 weber carb part source on the east coast:

http://youroil.net/weber_carb_parts.html
kupcar
Man, Sounds like one of those days! I usually walk out of the garage and go to battle another day. Take a break. I'm sure things will up and running in no time.
ripper911
It looks like most places sell the jet without the holder and o-ring... Does anybody have one with all of those goodies they could overnight to me? pray.gif

Stock size (40?) For a 40idf

I've sent an email to redline to check on it too.
Luke M
Is this what you need ?
SirAndy
Did you look around the engine tin and seals? Chances are it may still be somewhere ...
idea.gif
ripper911
That isn't what I need, but thank you.

I've looked all around and can't find it, I'm guessing that it came out when my car started acting up going down the road.. dry.gif It's the one closest to the battery, so I probably had trouble getting it tight the last time I cleaned them. I might check in the road on my way home from work.

I found a vw performance shop a few miles away that says they should have one in stock or can pull one for me. I'll run over there in the morning.
ThePaintedMan
The item Luke posted for you is indeed an idle jet holder from a 40 IDF... unless you have a set of the aftermarket "hex" versions that CB Perfomance sells. Either way, it should work.
ripper911
You're right!

I'm my haste I thought that it was a different jet.
Yes, that it what I need. It looks like I'll have one in the morning, so I should be good.

I got frustrated when nobody had one, I checked my usual parts store and vw shop with no luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.