Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blatant neglect
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
So, my car, with engine #3. It's a cool day here. I have done virtually no engine maintenance in.. let me think... 9000 miles, except change oil... idea.gif .. I think, maybe..

Today, I had a moment to look and see if I could find a 'visable within 5 minutes' problem, and I yanked the air box..... laugh.gif

The throttle body looks almost as rich as the tailipipes. Hold on, let me stop laughing... laugh.gif I was ecstatic! So, then, because hell, I am maybe a total of 13 inches from the dipstick, and just gagging on my tongue, I checked the oil.. not a drop low, and black as the day is blew out of the ground, somewhere far, far away...

Hold on, I have to catch my breath... laugh.gif ...

Don't think for a second that I didn't expect to find this! Oh... I did. The car pulls like a soggy sponge... breath... laugh.gif.... hold on.. It runs rough, til warm, then it runs like shit... hold on... laugh.gif... The valves sound like a skeleton, being played by the drummer from Rush.. chairfall.gif

I hate this this car, so I am starving it to death. When I am done with this motor, I want another car, that doesn't suck, and the injection works, and there isn't a book of bad feelings, between me, and happiness.

I need someone, in California, with time, an eye for a nice roller, a way to drag a car to a body shop -to the south-... have an interior installed, have a suspension installed, take it to Steve's for a motor, and just make sure that every part is there, and in no worse condition than 9.9/10.

I need a contractor.. and some numbers. Hell, give me a full price on a nice car, whatever.... I have been with 914s for a long time, I want a car that isn't a... -numerous gratuitous expletives deleted-.. that I'd rather see dead.

... BEST ONE I EVER HAD... hold on... breath... laugh.gif

M
rick 918-S
If your serious this could be an interesting club project. idea.gif We could all work together to make this happen. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif burnout.gif blowtorch.gif You'd either end up with a bitchen car aktion035.gif driving.gif or hate us all forever! unsure.gif
ChrisFoley
try replacing the head temp sensor.
and try to work through your emotions instead of carrying them around like luggage. lol2.gif
Hawktel
Isn't your medication court mandated?

Miles I've decided your problem is that you have one shitty car. You need 2 shitty cars so you can appreciate how good this one is.

Then you will achive oneness with the universe and your zen happyness will return to you.

I think you need a 82 lincoln with crappy vynal falling apart roof to achive the balance you need.
redshift
Not a good idea Richy Rick, if you don't believe me, go ask the Yugo club. (I am banned)

huh.gif

Chris, don't you have fingers to be cutting off?

Yes, yes you do... ED'S FINGERS!

happy11.gif

m
GWN7
Miles,

write the ad, put it up on ebay, someone will give it a good home.

Buy yourself a old pickup till you can get the car you want.
redshift
No, I want this car dead.

I wouldn't sell it to anyone, I couldn't, not even for parts... I don't know but a couple that are useable.

M
Dr Evil
You need to talk to Skiline, Twysted1, and I. Wait untill you see what we are doing to the eggplant.......stay tuned.
Rusty
Miles,

The Aubergine car is going to rock... and this is basically what I'm having done.

I'm very excited.

Please, Miles... don't kill your car. After all, how bad could it be, really? Got pics?

-Rusty smoke.gif
jd74914
Common Lets see some pics. I've never seen the POS
bd1308
send me your crappy motor then....dude if you kill your car I will find you and alfred.gif slap.gif give you the "alfred" treatment (who's alfred? The guy from the bird forum)
rhodyguy
putting a few cups of red georgia clay in powder form down the oil fill, reduces the ammount of oil you need to stay inbetween the marks on the dipstick. you save the $ for one qt of oil every 9000 mi.

k
bd1308
just run water instead of oil in your engine. It runs through the engine quicker and filters easier. Plus its cheaper than oil and wont ruin the driveway.
Bleyseng
Miles, where were you for the 13k mile car!!!!! It was almost showroom new!!! Joe in NY bought it so you missed out.

Geoff
Howard
C'mon Miles, you live for this angst wacko.gif

If you really want to end it all, buy a new car with a loooooooooooooooong warranty.

If not, come to WCC 2005, look at all the 914's there and pick one. You can buy it or have one just like it built for you. Bring $$.
SpecialK
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 13 2005, 07:56 AM)
"alfred" treatment (who's alfred? The guy from the bird forum)

Aaayyuuppp!

Miles.....the engine makes a little noise, and runs like shit, and you Otto-matically think its a possessed POS that has it out for you.......not that it doesn't! hide.gif
SLITS
The one that is in, from what Miles has said, it not the "Otto Magic". He had a friend that was building an engine for a bus and they swapped and his friend kept "Otto #2".

And if crackerboy wants to wait for a while (maybe a long while), there will be a restored '74 available with a carbed 2.1. Pick your color now, send money and forever hold your peace.....I might even drive it down to you...assuming I can get a passport (proof that you married your sister) into the deep south.
redshift
Yeah, I choked when I saw Joe's car... but still, 914 L'Orange is not the 'freak flag' I can fly.

I am a black/silver guy..and sometimes blue... green, red, orange, white, and yellow are the colors of a car driven by people who might be nice, and need a new friend.

I like black, because they say, "Hey, is that a Fiat?"... and I glare, and say, "Yeah."..

I like silver, because they say, "My dad used to have one of those." and I just glare, and say, "Yeah."...

Bright colors attract women, I want a mean assed car, not more trouble.

laugh.gif

I know of a nice one in Vegas.. smile.gif

Darth Teener..

M

fiid
You could buy Olav's 6. It's a 3.2L (IIRC) signal orange 6. Quick as shit, well set up non-flared car with virtually no rust. I bet that McMark could sort the rust out on it prior to shipping. I think Olav wanted like 29k for it. Just a thought.

scotty914
miles heres an idea... we take your engine out and sell it, order yourself a suby engine. bring me down in a week or so we can have it running. then you wont have the otto problems, it will be meaner then what you have, and more reliable.

GWN7
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 13 2005, 11:17 AM)

I am a black/silver guy..and sometimes blue... green, red, orange, white, and yellow are the colors of a car driven by people who might be nice, and need a new friend.

I like black, because they say, "Hey, is that a Fiat?"... and I glare, and say, "Yeah."..

I like silver, because they say, "My dad used to have one of those." and I just glare, and say, "Yeah."...

Bright colors attract women, I want a mean assed car, not more trouble.

M

A Subie engine, visit from the crew on Overhauling (to fix all the rust), dip the whole car in POR15 and paint it pink.

The Subie gives you dependable transportation....

Fixing and dipping makes sure it won't rust anymore...

The colour change solves the problem you have of women throwing themselves at you just because you drive a NARP smile.gif Altho you might get other contenders for your affections rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

You will have to stop driving the car naked.....
redshift
I wish all you Cali guys would move closer.

heh

M
jwalters
laugh.gif come on ya'll--lets PIMP HIS RIDE---

give him some hi jackers so when he sees debris in the road all he has to do is push a button and it will leapfrog over it--easy in a 1900 lb car!!

We can put some 22's on it with 25 series tyres--mirror chrome finish--with enough lines to make you dizzy--

Red crushed velvet all over the interior--

When he opens his rear lid an automatic extending flat screen tv with a PS2 loading up Miami Vice ---

Shove about 15 4-inch rockford subs in it--

And........curb feelers--yeah--thats the ticket!!!! smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif happy11.gif
Twystd1
All right.... STOP, Breath...............

I am here to take you out of your agony...

I will give ya 200 bucks for it and you pay freight... Cause I care.......

Problem solved..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ya want the money sent?

Twystd1

ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
redshift
No... no, no.... I am the end of the road for this miserable beast.

This car is going to die a thousand deaths, and I will get it all on video.

I need an OTTO'S WINDSHIELD BANNER.

Anyone? He kept neglecting to send me one, it's a wonder.. I wouldn't want my name near it either.

M
bd1308
dude WTF..... screwy.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 13 2005, 06:20 PM)
dude WTF..... screwy.gif

Dude, That's Miles... Just one thing man.... That car better not be some one off color like the Fushia car that almost get sawed in half like houdini's assistant! As far as I know no one has ever seen the otto-maddy-ick car or you for that matter... idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.