Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting 914 FS....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
This looks like a nice '73 2.0L for sale. The owner states......this 914 2.0L has been called "the nicest 914 in the southwest" by Ed Mayo. Ed Mayo is very knowledgeable with 914's and early 911's......he's pretty active over on the ESR forum. Is he a member here? I'd be curious to hear what he thinks of this car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191752798468

EdwardBlume
Wow. Nice car...

We should have a contest to see who can call what it sells for...
Coondog
Bet he has a reserve price of $ 24,000 which is about $ 10,000 to much.
r_towle
Ed probably thinks it's the nicest car in the southwest, but that is just a guess.
wndsnd
Rust free I betcha! smile.gif
914-300Hemi
popcorn[1].gif
Mike Fitton
Call Ed at Mayo Performance in Euless, TX he'll shoot you a straight answer. His nick name is "Honest Abe" and he sort of reminds me of Brad Mayeur.
rick 918-S
What is the ERS forum?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 4 2015, 06:38 PM) *

What is the ERS forum?

early911sregistry.org
RickS
I sold my '73 911S to a buyer in the Philippines a year ago. During the two years I was restoring the car I spent a ton of time on the ESR. Ed is considered one of the best of the best and a go-to authority. Simply put, he knows 911s and 914s inside out. I believe he has been interviewed for Excellence on two occasions.

Collectors buy many cars which never appear on ebay or the other sale sites because they know people who know other collectors. People in those circles will pay huge $ for the right car. Most times those sales prices are never published. Selling the 911 briefly exposed me to that realm, but after paying my bills I am now back to earth. Any way, Ed is real.
Cal
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 4 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Call Ed at Mayo Performance in Euless, TX he'll shoot you a straight answer. His nick name is "Honest Abe" and he sort of reminds me of Brad Mayeur.

I sent Ed a PM over on the ESR.....we'll see what he says.

Brad's a good guy....loves to talk 914's.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Coondog @ Dec 4 2015, 08:17 PM) *

Bet he has a reserve price of $ 24,000 which is about $ 10,000 to much.

I saw this car the other day on Craig's I think. I believe it was listed for around $22,500...
rhodyguy
The warm air guides are missing.
914Next
Does look like a very nice car. Sounds like a non-original engine? If so I'd say low $22-$24 if its as clean as described.
Cal
QUOTE(Cal @ Dec 4 2015, 11:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 4 2015, 09:37 PM) *

I sent Ed a PM over on the ESR.....we'll see what he says.

Brad's a good guy....loves to talk 914's.

This is Ed's response about the car......

"This one of those rare times that the car is actually as good as it sounds! Everything stated is correct."
Ed
"You can call me for more info should you want."

Early S Registry member #90
R Gruppe member #138
Fort Worth Tx.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.