Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars & Coffee at Enderle Center
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Larmo63
There ISN'T a Denny's at the Ortega offramp anymore. The eastbound offramp sits on the same land where the Denny's used to be.

LOL
SO.O.C914er
Wow Lawrence I've been watching the widening project but didn't know they knocked out the Denny's. Okay fine we'll have to pick another location to hook up......Paul
Steve
There's a best western and club Pilates on the east bound side of the freeway that we could meet at. Otherwise there is a bunch of restaurants on the west side of the freeway. Del Taco ect.
McDonald's and Carl's Jr. would probably be best.
forrestkhaag
A total of five 914's in the crowd today / 3 6's and 2 4's / lots of other interesting metal........
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 14 2017, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 14 2017, 07:36 AM) *

To far for me!

How are you going to make it to the 914 Fun Day?
confused24.gif poke.gif

To far to hang out for a 1 1-2 hours. Besides there is still a little bit of swell around.
I got "priorities"
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 15 2017, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 14 2017, 06:03 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Jul 14 2017, 07:36 AM) *

To far for me!

How are you going to make it to the 914 Fun Day?
confused24.gif poke.gif

To far to hang out for a 1 1-2 hours. Besides there is still a little bit of swell around.
I got "priorities"

I understand.. i will head up to one your way someday. I was at this Cars & coffee from 7-10 due to horrible service at Ruby's for breakfast. Took an hour to get our food and another half hour to pay for it. Ruby's is totally run over by our car show. They need to add another kitchen. Plenty of seating but only one small kitchen.
SO.O.C914er
Steve- I thought Ruby's did a nice thing by putting one of their girls outside with coffee and donuts. Glad I didn't stick around for breakfast inside! Good to see you Forrest and Keith again......Paul
Steve
Nice seeing everyone again. Nice to see Paul and Keith join us again. I will have to try to get there earlier so we can park together.
Steve
I won't be there tomorrow. Taking my daughter to comicon in San Diego instead. See you guys next Saturday!!
SO.O.C914er
Everyone that showed up last week was from South OC is this location too far south to get the north boyz to drive out if so where is a good central location. And where is Jim Hoyland these dayz!.... av-943.gif lol-2.gif .....Paul
Steve
Jims been working on his car. The north guys are scared there cars might not make it that far south. That or they need to update there passports for the Orange Curtain.
forrestkhaag
It is a great drive on PCH to this event and back up before the traffic hits the beach scene.

Ruby's is immediately there and they have a parking lot girl selling coffee and pasties. Pastries.

So far no cops and a thousand cars minimum but if it is too far,....... No, wait. there IS a filling station between the meet and points north. That means the V-8 and Suby crowd can make it. There is a charging station that I pay for in laguna beach for the electric crowd. The rest of us will have to find an excuse for a no-show.

Like:.........
No transmission,or bad transmission gears, ill tuned shift linkage due to taking the tranny off four times in two months, worn out cone screws dropping out of the shift bar fittings even with a quart of red locktite thereon,.... , no full clutch release due to lack of one (or two) thin dime(s) in the back of the shift fork ball cup which is missing a washer behind the hideous untorquable shift fork ball bolt due to ridiculous lack of bell housing clearance WTF.gif ,

Weber idle jet clogage, poor balance between triple throats, linkage balance with one human hair tolerance between the two sides of the carbs,

Shall i go on,...?? and yet, somehow,.... occasionally, we show up.

WTF.gif beerchug.gif

Guilt is a bitch.

SO.O.C914er
Hey that's me in the blue hat blue shirt blue shorts. Check out the lady looking at my butt haha KMA.gif But really not sure who makes me laugh more Steve or Forrest. We've been taking shots at those boys from the north for a couple weeks now and the little bastards haven't even jumped in! slap.gif ....Paul
Steve
See you guys next Saturday!!!
Steve
icon_bump.gif
driving.gif
silver914.jpg
Keith914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 28 2017, 06:08 AM) *

icon_bump.gif
driving.gif
silver914.jpg

See you there.
forrestkhaag
If by some miracle I can get my carbs to function as the infernal Italians represented that they would, I will be there. At present, the beast is downright dangerous in traffic and the idle at 3K scares the hell out of everything within a 200' radius of the LeMans-sounding scream. WTF.gif

beerchug.gif

Sidebar: The pic is of Keith914's WORKING FINE Webers....... aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 21 2017, 03:12 PM) *

Jims been working on his car. The north guys are scared there cars might not make it that far south. That or they need to update there passports for the Orange Curtain.

Can't make it this week, but If you want to talk about making it from the North, I hold a valid Canadian Passport and may make the trek down there from the San Fernando Valley before the end of August.

poke.gif

beerchug.gif

76-914
55 miles for me. Close enough. I'll need to leave by 5:45 to get a parking spot. Crap, I'll need to wash my car tomorrow if I hang with the Pinky Lifters. beer.gif
euro911
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 28 2017, 08:44 AM) *
Can't make it this week, but If you want to talk about making it from the North, I hold a valid Canadian Passport and may make the trek down there from the San Fernando Valley before the end of August.

poke.gif

beerchug.gif
You changed your screen name?
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 28 2017, 09:48 AM) *
55 miles for me. Close enough. I'll need to leave by 5:45 to get a parking spot. Crap, I'll need to wash my car tomorrow if I hang with the Pinky Lifters. beer.gif
Hmmm ... same distance from Torrance
Larmo63
"Crap, I'll need to wash my car tomorrow if I hang with the Pinky Lifters."

If you show, Kent, we'll salute you with a finger, although it may not be this one.

Click to view attachment
914_7T3
[quote name='euro911' date='Jul 28 2017, 01:33 PM' post='2511111']
[quote name='914 7T3' post='2511019' date='Jul 28 2017, 08:44 AM']Can't make it this week, but If you want to talk about making it from the North, I hold a valid Canadian Passport and may make the trek down there from the San Fernando Valley before the end of August.

poke.gif

beerchug.gif
[/quote]You changed your screen name?

Yes sir, I'm in witness relocation and can't really talk about it!

lol-2.gif
euro911
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Jul 28 2017, 04:54 PM) *
Yes sir, I'm in witness relocation and can't really talk about it!

lol-2.gif
laugh.gif
Gmanscott55
Have a family party in San Clemente tomorrow so will be heading down in the 911. See you there.
forrestkhaag
No show for me / crappy carbs mad.gif
Steve
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 28 2017, 05:27 PM) *

No show for me / crappy carbs mad.gif

You could ride with Keith....
confused24.gif
Socalandy
I'm going to try and make it from the heart of the Orange curtain aktion035.gif
Steve
Nice seeing everyone today! I won't be around next weekend, I'm on a Cabo cruise and it won't get back until late Saturday morning. See you guys the following weekend.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jul 21 2017, 01:15 PM) *

Everyone that showed up last week was from South OC is this location too far south to get the north boyz to drive out if so where is a good central location. And where is Jim Hoyland these dayz!.... av-943.gif lol-2.gif .....Paul

I'm still in the 914 OR from the WCR trip to Mammoth; plus installing LEDS, and another undisclosed project... welder.gif
Steve
icon_bump.gif silver914.jpg morning1.gif
I will be at the San Clemente Cars & Coffee tomorrow morning.
Who's going?
Keith914
See you there.
HIPPIEKILLER
see you guys there...

So early though... I guess I'll do siesta!
Steve
Click to view attachment
I think there was five 914's today. One real 6, 3 six conversions and one stock 73.
Nice collection!!!
Steve
icon_bump.gif
driving.gif
poke.gif
Keith914
Will be there.
Steve
I'll bring the full size Boxster spare in case one of you guys want to try it out. Curious if it will work on a non flair'd car.
drem914
The 914's there this last Saturday.
3 - 6's and a 4.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Steve
icon_bump.gif driving.gif silver914.jpg coffee.gif
Keith914
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 25 2017, 06:54 AM) *

icon_bump.gif driving.gif silver914.jpg coffee.gif

beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
I got a hall pass so I can possibly join south county teeners tomorrow morning.

Who's going?

What's the best time to roll in?

driving.gif

Oscar

Steve
Around 6:30. There are spots at 7 but they would not be as good
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 25 2017, 07:37 AM) *

Around 6:30. There are spots at 7 but they would not be as good

See ya @ 6:30

piratenanner.gif

Oscar
sb914
To far for me! Traffic on way home is horrible!
HIPPIEKILLER
I missed the previous one as I was in vacation.

I have friends visiting these days. I will confirm later if I'll be there tomorrow with one of my friends from Spain.
euro911
Hell, I don't get up early enough to even hit the Pelican C & C in Palos Verdes ... 5 miles away dry.gif
Steve
I have the same problem as SB914 and others regarding get togethers on the LA side.
Traffic sucks!!!
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment

It was fun meeting south county teeners this morning.

Great set up and well organized.
...will be back

Oscar
Steve
Great shot!! Nice to meet you Oscar!! Looking forward to Temecula!!
76-914
I heard there was an accident involving one very nice teener today? Hope not. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.