Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So sad CrashDown's car for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
matthepcat
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5344179077.html

Good luck on your next move. Great looking car.

iwanta914-6
Seems like a deal at $10K. Finish work on the body is amazing.
Mueller
I don't think i have ever seen this car in the Bay Area before...

I usually don't like 916 bumpers but they look killer on that car....I love the old school 3 piece rims as well.

Seems like a great deal for a custom 914. I need to download those pictures for future inspiration!
matthepcat
The owner went to a WCR and other events a few years back. Lots of custom touches and great craftsmanship. The car used to have Carbon Fiber wrap in the hood that looked cool.
CrashDown
hey guys, thanks for the kind words. I'm gonna be moving soon, and I cant take the 914 with me so it's time to sell it. The bodywork has held up over the last 10 years. There are some cracks in the front bumper just from the nature of the beast of molding fiberglass to metal. But they can easily be fixed. And the cowl panel is gonna need to be refinished. The windscreen molding flew off while I was on the freeway and took a chunk of paint with it. Also gonna need a new windshield. Here's a list of what it needs.... let me know if 10k is still a reasonable price.

First thing done was the motor was pulled an a carbd 2.0L with a side shifter was installed, engine has approximately 15,000 miles since rebuilt.

- body and paint. For an almost 10 year old paint job, the paint has held up really well, I did the body and paint - welding of new sheet metal to replace rusted parts etc. I am a painter by trade. There are some cracks in the Front bumper. But that’s the nature of the beast when you mold fiberglass to metal. You're going to get cracks, just a matter of time. The quarters were "T" cut and flared for THESE WHEELS. So the wheels come with the car. The rear spoiler was adhered with 3m structural adhesive, and then glassed, and then body worked and painted. You will need to repaint the cowl area and around the windshield. The windshield trim ripped off on the freeway and took a few chunks of paint along with it . Front glass will need to be pulled and replaced. It's got an absolutely epic crack in it.

-Door handles. They work, but need the locks rekeyed so you can’t lock the doors
-Seals – new door seals body side and door side. Will need the targa top seals and the vertical seals that go on the tracks on the sail panel. Hood Seal is ripped, will need a new one.
- The wheels are JongBloed 3 piece. You can alter the width of the wheels by either putting the center sandcast piece on the outside of the outer hoop making the wheel a 6", or in between the outer and inner hoops making the wheel a 7". There are a few guys that have the 5 lug version of these. There are the 4 lug, and according to JongBloed, extremely rare. The wheels are my favorite part of my car.... will be sorely missed.

- There is a hole in the small rectangular panel next to the engine lid grate that I was going to mount the antenna for the radio on so it's hidden. Never got around to it though. But the hole is there and ready to be hooked up. - Brakes. 911 master up front with the BMW caliper upgrade. In the back are rebuilt stock calipers with drilled rear rotors. - Suspension. KYB's in the front. All the front suspension bushings are Poly. And I added the stock front sway bar. Out back are the stock springs (I have another set of springs which are stiffer that will go with the car) around Bilsteins. No rear sway bar. Swing arms were rebuilt. Everything was stripped and painted. New bearings and poly bushings were installed on them as well.
- Exhaust.... I have no idea what muffler it is. Saw it at EASY. Thought it looks awesome. Bought muffler.
- Glass. Needs a new windshield and windshield trim - Top. The top I had for it was bad. Found the current one at Easy. In really good shape, just needs to be refinished, and seals need to be replaced.

-Gauges. All the gauges work, but the mileage counter gear is broken. I did a top end rebuild around about 5k, maybe less miles ago on the motor. Just came back from a tune up by Bill Eason up in Oakland. He gave it a clean bill of health. Sounds really good.

-Interior. Like I said, we had a little short to ground issue in the front left headlamp harness that melted the entire harness from the dash forward. I ended up buying a cherry harness off of a 914world member, and then using all the correct colored wiring, my dad and I wired up that switch panel. The panel switches are from left to right {Turn signals} {Low Beams} {High Beams} {Headlamps up and down} the black button is unused. Was going to wire the horn to it, never got around to it. And finally {running lights}. I will include a ton of spare harness stuff if you want to redo the wiring and have the stock switches. -- That's about all I can think of. I love this car, I really do and watching it go is going to be really hard. But it's time to move on, let someone else enjoy her and make her their own.
wackii
still for sale now on cl for $8000
rfuerst911sc
PM sent .
green914
I went looked at, and drove this car a couple of weeks ago - thought it well worth the asking price then. Passed on it, and have not stopped thinking about it since. It is a great deal for 8,000.
Michael N
It also has the best 4 lug wheels ever. These are my favorite.
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif
CrashDown
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Dec 30 2015, 09:26 PM) *

aktion035.gif

Bump back to the top....

Here is the link to the new craigslist posting with more pics.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5376808384.html
green914
icon_bump.gif
CrashDown
Car is sold, thanks to everyone who stopped by
jsayre914
dry.gif

I didn't get to see it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.