Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: project update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
Well I should have bought one of the 914 rubber packages, I have spent way more on rubber and strips than I ever imagined. Still it is as I have always found - $500 increments.

Here is where I was at yesterday. Was all bare metal:
You may have seen this part - now it is a bit dusty from the sanding painting and buffing
Click to view attachment

Here is the front inside. I had everything out to add new fabric and clean up everything. I just found out the the Sapphire XXII doesn't work! Any ideas about what goes wrong. I get power only as the switch is on the detent as you are just turning it on. Of course that is where volume is nil so I cannot tell whether anything else works. I understand the electrolytic caps go bad.
Click to view attachment

And the rear
Click to view attachment

I decide to mount the brain here. I hope it works out.

The interior back pad is next. It cleaned up well after copious fiberglassing. Surprising in that the floor and both rear firewalls had disintegrated behind it.
Click to view attachment

Of course the DME has to be covered up.
Click to view attachment

Finally I just love showing off the la 911s brakes up front. I re-anodized them and used gold dye. Eric said "Don't screw up a valuable S caliper!" I hope I haven't. Had to make jigs to seal the inside in the acid bath.
Click to view attachment

I now need to find a windshield, and tires and a front splitter - probably the one from the can am cars creamsicle or bumblebee era. I also need to re weld my 911 muffler project to bring it up higher into the valance. I have to paint the doors too and reupholster the seats. Trying to decide whether to buy a kit or make patterns from the old and start sewing.

It has been fun, and a long 4 years. My goal was to do as much as possible myself. I am learning plating, anodizing, TIG aluminum, I did all the body work and the painting, and I have come up with some new ways of doing things. I can see that is boastful, but it kind of describes a lot of what goes on in these threads as well. We don't have snow yet, but the salt trucks will be here well before I can drive it.
mepstein
I think it's great. Way to go!
worn
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 5 2015, 09:28 AM) *

I think it's great. Way to go!

Thanks! What color is that car in your avatar Miles?
Valy
Nice!
boxsterfan
Sweet!!!!
whitetwinturbo
piratenanner.gif beer.gif piratenanner.gif
rick 918-S
I was just thinking about you yesterday. I may have a windshield. LMK if you still need one.
Cairo94507
Your car is coming along great. Good work.
cary
Looks great ................
I think you need a couple more paint guns. LOL.
J P Stein
QUOTE(worn @ Dec 5 2015, 09:14 AM) *

It has been fun, and a long 4 years. My goal was to do as much as possible myself. I am learning plating, anodizing, TIG aluminum, I did all the body work and the painting, and I have come up with some new ways of doing things. I can see that is boastful, but it kind of describes a lot of what goes on in these threads as well. We don't have snow yet, but the salt trucks will be here well before I can drive it.

Don't worry about it. It took me 8-10 years to build the box. S calipers are an excellent choice. I also raised the spindles.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.