914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
Click to view attachment
rosenfe
Click to view attachment
rosenfe
Click to view attachment
Mueller
Looks great from what you showed...what color is that?
rosenfe
black metallic,but it has green in it.pretty good for almost 40 year old paint
Nice find, enjoy the ride
Tom_T
Nice 914+14 with a V-4+4 engine biggrin.gif
.... also a bit of a Porsche NARPy orphan like our 914s, but great cars!

I wanted one to tow our vintage trailer, but my wife wants a "real backseat & more storage in back" - so now we're looking for a used Cayenne S instead. dry.gif

Enjoy! driving.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
EdwardBlume
Cool! Congrats! aktion035.gif

Does that plate pre date the car?
rosenfe
not clear what you mean about plate?
colingreene
Love it.
billh1963
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Dec 5 2015, 06:04 PM) *

not clear what you mean about plate?

He was probably questioning the age of the plates...

California didn't go to the 7 digit blue plates until 1980 so it may be original
914-300Hemi
Cool car
JeffBowlsby
928s are becoming more popular with 914 owners. Several of us here - congrats on the acquisition.
Bulldog9
Nice.... Always liked the 928, I've been thinking about swapping my M3 for one of these.
sb914
Nice car,my neighbor has one! Wondering,does it pass smog inspection?
ndfrigi
A euro car shop owner I went to for our old MB, own a 928 that he is selling. I believed it is 85 yr model. He wants it gone for $10k.

Click to view attachment

Amphicar770
Beautiful car. I have always wanted one of these but fear it may exceed my mechanical / electrical repair skills and / or my checkbook.
Jett
We love ours 79, but we are continually surprised by the cost of restoration parts. For example a full interior refresh with carpet (PO smoked) is around $10K and then you need to install sad.gif , but expecting the outcome to be amazing smile.gif

In addition, although there is a great interior vendor (928leather.com), there is no equivalent vendor like 914Rubber (Mark), therefore rubber seals come from Porsche sheeplove.gif
Dion
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Dec 5 2015, 11:55 AM) *

Cool colour. Always liked the 928.
Good luck with it.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Jett @ Dec 6 2015, 12:59 PM) *

...there is no equivalent vendor like 914Rubber (Mark), therefore rubber seals come from Porsche sheeplove.gif

I just bet Mark might be interested in cross pollinating if there is enough demand. Maybe he can hang out on the 928 Rennlist or the Bird for while a see who is interested. biggrin.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Dec 6 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Beautiful car. I have always wanted one of these but fear it may exceed my mechanical / electrical repair skills and / or my checkbook.

Yep....

When I fist started working in the late '80's I wanted one so bad I couldn't stand it! Of course, they weren't so cheap or so old back then. Now the potential repair costs scare me off. sad.gif
Ian Stott
I was in Germany when they first came out and all us young Air Force guys were drooling! Still like them, awesome car for its time and still a joy to drive.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.