Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Ebay Ad

Read down in the text of the article. We got an "honorable" mention. Is this an attempt to head off the dogs, or an expression of honesty? You be the judge.

IMO - I think the seller has been forthright, but I'd like to see more rust spot pix. Too bad the seller is blaming a chick for getting rid of it lol2.gif .
skline
He is obviously a member here and knows that everyone here tears apart cars on Ebay. Sometimes I think we are too hard on cars on Ebay. In fact, unless you have seen a car in person, I dont think anyone should make any speculations about car for sale anywhere anymore. That green one is in very nice looking condition and from the pictures, it is worth looking at. Without a PPI however, its only the sellers word on the true condition. The red car would for sure have to have a PPI done by someone who knows these cars that you would trust. Just my opinion.
jd74914
Lately I've seen alot of cars where people refer you to 914club. A few weeks ago some guy even had a link.

Though Scott, no cars have been really bashed here in a while. cool.gif
i love porsche
If this is all a little to tech heavy head over to 914world.com they can answer any questions you may have (and they will no doubt have a thread going about this ad)

oh how right he was
GWN7
I liked this line "head over to 914world.com they can answer any questions you may have (and they will no doubt have a thread going about this ad)"

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Andyrew
Looks like it could be a nice daily driver.

"bloody stiff" suspension sounds like fun!!!

SirAndy
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 13 2005, 08:32 AM)
Sometimes I think we are too hard on cars on Ebay.

agree.gif you guys are brutal! biggrin.gif

if i had posted pics of my car before i bought it, everybody here would have told me it's a $500 parts car, at best.

i'm glad i didn't listen to you guys!
rolleyes.gif Andy
J P Stein
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 13 2005, 10:38 AM)

if i had posted pics of my car before i bought it, everybody here would have told me it's a $500 parts car, at best.

rolleyes.gif Andy

And how far upsidedown are you on it now? laugh.gif
J P Stein
Hay, it's worse than that. Now they're getting personal. biggrin.gif

From another BBS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4534918852&rd=1

JohnM
Not a bash but a word of caution on the green 71 listed on ebay-- you may want to check how many tranny mount bolts are there before taking it for a test drive. Looks like one is missing on one of the under car pictures. John
GWN7
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 13 2005, 10:38 AM)

rolleyes.gif Andy

Haven't you heard, prices have gone up, it's worth at least $750 now laugh.gif
#1RAGE
I bet sometimes the bashing is done because certain people don't want other people bidding on the car laugh.gif unsure.gif
alfred.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.