Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanical e-brake caliper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Back in the day, when 914 owners converted the rears to five lug and beefier calipers they lost the 914 e-brakes. Some upgraded to 911 shoe type inside the brake hat.

Others used a small mechanical caliper. Can't remember what manufacturer.

Anyways, I am looking for a small mechanical caliper that can accommodate a 6.5 mm disc. This will be for a motorized bike application, if interested.

Does anyone have any leads? I guess I could always call Wilwood on Monday when they open....but they can be pricey. Or ErC at PMB.

Thanks
mepstein
Mechanical mountain bike caliper? Probably around $20-25.
Joe Bob
This is what I am working with.
ClayPerrine

Wilwood Spot Calipers
mepstein
Avid mechanical caliper. Probably find some "take offs" at a bike shop for a couple dollars. eBay, ect.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Dec 5 2015, 04:10 PM) *

This is what I am working with.

Are you planning on using the sprocket as your rotor? If so, you may want to rethink that unless you will be running a chain that doesn't need to be oiled. Such a thing may exist these days. I don't know.
Elliot Cannon
You don't need a brake. Just put your feet down. av-943.gif
messix
the chain is going to be a interference issue let alone oil on friction surface.
Mike Bellis
I have a pair of spot calipers but can't use them as they won't fit over my 930 rotors. I decided to go with 911 parking brake setup instead.
mepstein
You could use a mt bike disk on the front and a bicycle caliper brake on the back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.