Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a 72' 911 for suspension!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Hey everyone I bought a 72' 911 to use for parts for my 70' 914. I bought it sight unseen from a guy. Basically for the front suspension. I picked it up yesterday & I'm a little split on what to do. It is incredibally straight & really has no rust issue. It was someones project & it is torn apart. Engine is out & torn apart as is the interior. I feel a little guilty parting out such a good core car. What do you guys think ?
Ok now if I part it out & swipe the suspension for my 914. I know the front basically bolts right on. I'm a little lost on the rear conversion. I"ve heard the 69-73 rear would work also. What exactly of the rear works?
Bleyseng
Hubs, axles, stub axles, cvs, output flanges are what switch over in the rear. boldblue.gif

Geoff
JRust
Are we talking the output flange off the tranny? Any fabrication involved with the switch?
Dave Cawdrey
JRust-

Got any photos? How much for the chasis/body etc. No motor, tranny, etc.

Just curious...
JRust
Here is a pic of the car! Also I haven't decided if I'm going to restore it or part it yet. I've allready gotten a ton of email today about it. The mail is welcome just don't get your hopes up guys. Anything that can possibly go on a 914 will be used I can gaurantee(My car). That is if I go that route.
Mueller
Jaime....DO NOT part that car out........... biggrin.gif

that car could be worth a small fortune to the early 911 racers..

the '72 is prized by many due to the location of the oil tank
(on the side verses the rear of the car)
fuch toy
If ya do part it out....I can use the rear suspension and trans.... :gilloutine:
boxstr
JAMIE DO NOT WASTE THAT 911 ON YOUR 914.
Sell one of your 914s and restore the 911.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Bleyseng
Mike Z, I like your avatar. That is the best lookin Easter Bunny I have ever seen. Is that chocolate on her cheek??

Geoff clap56.gif
campbellcj
I agree, especially if that car is a non-rusty, non-sunroof 72 coupe, it is an "R Gruppe" guy's wet dream.
L8Apex
Jrust, are you the same J Rust I won those phone dials off of ebay? clap56.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(L8Apex @ Jan 29 2003, 12:30 AM)
Jrust, are you the same J Rust I won those phone dials off of ebay? clap56.gif

God help us....there can't be more than one of him.....the rusty roller king. Now he's branched out into 9elebens. Prolly have 4 or 5 before the week is out....and not a runner in sight. biggrin.gif
boxstr
No, but he has a trailer and he can change the Location,Location,Location., so they will look better somewhere else. cool.gif
CCLinLOO
JRust
Yes you won the phone dials from me! Hope they are working out for you. Wish I coulda used them but didn't think I was going to get to my 5-lug for a while.
Now now guys I might buy another 911 buy the end of the week. Not 4 or 5 though cut me a little slack. I also should have my 73' parts car gone on Saturday. I do seem to have a problem with buying Porsche stuff. I can be in a noisy room & hear someone wisper the word Porsche. I'll be there within seconds to see if they are selling one. I thought it was just a 914 problem but I have branched out. I was on the 12 step program. I don't know what the hell one I'm on now! beer.gif
L8Apex
haha, I kinda thought so. Thanks for the pizza anyways. (inside joke) laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.