Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 914-6 GT Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
FL000
914-6 GT Project

Just saw this. Looks like a good deal; wish I had some extra money!
mepstein
Think it's for real?
914outlaw
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 6 2015, 04:41 PM) *

Think it's for real?

No way that's real.
FL000
If I lived closer I would offer to investigate but unfortunately it is ~1.5 hour drive for me.
PotterPorsche
No phone number . I know craigslist has scams, if I wanted to sell on Craigslist I would leave my yahoo email or maybe a work number .
Sedonut
I sent him an email, no reply.

If it was real it sold in 10 minutes.
Catorse
Sent an email yesterday an hour after it was posted. no reply.
Cracker
"If its too ..." shades.gif

T
EdwardBlume
Motormeister?
iwanta914-6
Wow, that cannot be real. If it somehow is, then someone got a serious deal. Or maybe it's a "driveway auction" and that's the starting bid.
Beach914
Guess what? It was real and I picked it up this morning......I am very happy.
Beach914
delete duplicate post
Beach914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Now at my business. Have my 72 roller and 73 1.7 on Craigslist for sale. Will be picking parts off of the 73 if no one gets it quick. Deal also included a 76 stripped down parts car. I'll get this one posted when I pick it up in the next week or two.
This gets me a year ahead of what I wanted to do with the other cars.

The PO, Jim, is a great guy and is retiring up north in a few months so he decided it was time to part with it.
Cracker
Well congratulations & happy "great" year!

T
mepstein
Congrats on winning the Porsche lottery!
PlantMan
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Jan 2 2016, 02:26 PM) *

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Now at my business. Have my 72 roller and 73 1.7 on Craigslist for sale. Will be picking parts off of the 73 if no one gets it quick. Deal also included a 76 stripped down parts car. I'll get this one posted when I pick it up in the next week or two.

The PO, Jim, is a great guy and is retiring up north in a few months so he decided it was time to part with it.

How much?
I missed the post before it was deleted?

Congrats just the same!
Beach914
I don think he ever posted on the World site. He did record the chassis VIN. I saw it in CL just after he posted it and responded. No answer for a few days so I thought I lost it. Oh well.....and then I got a call on my cell phone while shopping before Xmas at Lowes with my wife. Followed her around with the cart and ended up talking to him for over an hour. He kindly took it off craigslist right after we talked and I met him and saw the car the following weekend. Shook hands on it and sealed the deal before Xmas. I tried to encourage him to finish the project but he said he needed to move on. He's a great guy and I am very fortunate to have connected with him.
Thanks for the support. Now I have to talk my Italian Mechanic and best friend, Massimo, to help me integrate all of this together and get it ready for the street and track.
Beach914
I guess I should move some of this discussion over to the garage. Let me settle down this week and get some more pictures posted and details organized. I'll try to make this a build continuation thread if that's okay.

Steve
Nice score!! Start a thread in the "Garage" Curious what you got, since the craigslist ad has been deleted.
2mAn

Tell me more about this 72 Roller
PlantMan
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jan 26 2016, 10:44 AM) *

Did you also finally sell the 73 or are you starting to pull parts off it?
I was wondering how long it would take to sell.
7TPorsh
I saw the ad ten minutes after it posted and tried like hell to contact the seller....no responses at all.

I'm amazed it's for real and even more amazed someone here got it.

Missed out on a /6 for $3k last year....same scenario....
Beach914
QUOTE(PlantMan @ Jan 26 2016, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(2mAn @ Jan 26 2016, 10:44 AM) *

Did you also finally sell the 73 or are you starting to pull parts off it?
I was wondering how long it would take to sell.

Sold the 73 and still have the 72 on CL Orange County

The 72 is Silver, interior stripped, no motor or tranny Need Hell hole, jack post, and minor interior rear floor corners patched. I'll make a new post for its sale before the weekend. Asking $1000 its a very nice chassis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.