Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone using the Tangerine or other Cooling System?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
I'm a happy Tangerine Customer, have purchased his full exhaust with heater box, cable throttle, and a few other bits and pieces. As I'm driving the car and fiddling with the flaps and thermostat, I'm not enamored with the stock pancake system, and am thinking about saving my pennies for a better cooling system. There are a few systems out there, from what I've read, I like the Tangerine for its unique look, but also that it allows you to retain the stock alternator and cooler thus no need to alter those systems. NO concern on the quality or workmanship, CHris does great work. Just looking for some real world over time experiences. My one concern is the life expectancy of the unique fan belt setup.

Not interested in the Raby DTM system, dont want to do the type1 route, but would consider a 911 style. There are a couple others that look interesting too, bergmannvw and reichert.
craig downs
When I got a Raby kit back in the day I wanted the best cooling system for it. I did a lot of reading and decided to get the DTM. I really wanted to go the 911 fan route and actually had one plus the Fat shroud. I like the look of a 911 fan but after research on it it was not the best choice so I ended up with the DTM. I'm very happy with and it keeps it cool very good. Most of the time its between 275-300. I've only seen it at 350 for a short stint while doing some spirited driving up the mountains.
Jake Raby
I've only seen it at 350 for a short stint while doing some spirited driving up the mountains.

That doesn't matter.. Its ugly.

Those guys usually favor fake tits, too.
Bulldog9
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 7 2015, 05:22 PM) *

I've only seen it at 350 for a short stint while doing some spirited driving up the mountains.

Jake, Jake Jake, There are more things in heaven and earth, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy......

r_towle
Foleys system is on his race car, ask him
It's based upon the corvair setup so you may find more data at those forums
McMark
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Dec 7 2015, 02:22 PM) *
QUOTE(craig downs @ Dec 6 2015, 09:43 PM) *
so I ended up with the DTM.

av-943.gif

Ya gotta READ brotha. lol-2.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 7 2015, 10:40 PM) *

Foleys system is on his race car, ask him
It's based upon the corvair setup so you may find more data at those forums

I have it in my street car, and two customer street cars here right now as well.
There's not much in common with the Corvair system except the fan (which I modify) and the fan hub bearing.
Pretty much no knowledge to be gained about my cooling system by reading Corvair forums.
SKL1
Might have to ask for some Christmas presents- shift adjuster and new shifting rod and linkage... already have the Rennshift.
Only "problem" is I need 2 of everything!!! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.