Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo 914 up for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
But everyone knows you can't turbo a 914!

Okay someone had to say it! wacko.gif I just wanted to get it out of the way as soon as possible. calvin.gif

Though it looks really sharp in the pics...
Anton
Very interesting!

I am curious to its performance.

And to the effects on cylinder head temperature as these are not the most reliable parts of the 2 liter 914. clap56.gif
Mueller
I'm 90% sure this is the same car that was sold on eBay about 6 months or less ago. It was an estate sale from a Porsche guy in Texas that passed away.

I never did know what the final selling price was.

Years ago I talked to a guy in the Reno or Tahoe area that owned a Turbo'd 914 with the Crown Kit....he said at first the kit did not make much of a difference, at least compared to the price. When he complained about it to Crown, they sent him a new camshaft which he said really woke up the motor and that it screamed and was a blast to drive in his 10+ years of ownership.

I tried to buy the kit from him, but was a few days late...oh well, mine will be better laugh.gif
JRust
Ye sI'm sure it was the one that sold on ebay recently also. Thge guy was on Pelican trying to get info on the turbo. Seems like it wasn't wotking quite right. Maybe he fixed that I don't know. I remember it going in the $7-8k range. Pretty decent mark up if you ask me! I does look to be in excellent shape. I remember some guy checked it out for him before he bought it. Turned out to be in excellent condition. I take that with a grain of salt since we haven't seen it. Does look like a great car but $14,500 no way!
EdwardBlume
The car looks really nice from a frame, interior, condition perspective. $14,500 gets you alot of 914 in other ways.

Hey Mueller, what's your turbo going to cost?
URY914
The seller is in St. Pete and may be coming to our get together Saturday in Orlando. I know he has spoken to some other guys in the area and he hang out on Pelican.

Paul
Mueller
My cost so far is pretty low:

Used turbo: $75

*Cam and related parts: ≈$300

°Exhaust: ≈$200

ªEngine Management: ≈$200-300 (still working on it, hopefully not more)

Add a few hindered more for little things like ceramic coating the exhaust ports and the header. Not 100% needed, but very desirable.

Still looking at whether to do a Air/air IC or

*I "was" going to to use the factory cam, but decided against it. Factory cam can be used.

°Used header (could use factory H/E's, if you "really want to): a few hundred (traded parts for it)

ªThe Haltech I am using was free or on loan until I piss Brad off and he demands it back, LOL

Had I stuck with the Megasquirt I'd have just a few hundred dollars into the Fuel Injection, but the Ignition would be a few hundred more to have something that would retard the advance while under boost.
736convers
Wow two posts on this car.
Dont know if this car made it to Texas but it came from Madison WI. Was bought by someone, had it hauled down to FL on an open semi-car trailer. It was then sold to the current owner in FL. Car always had turbo problems. Car look like it rolled right off the factory floor. Was always stored in a climate control garage. Original seats in mint condition went with the car but were sold seperate later. I tried to buy them for my 914, they look brand new. The car has the aftermarket seats which were put in 3 months after the car was originally purchased back in the 70's. Car sold in Wisconsin at the sale for $9500. What the mark-up from buyer to buyer was I dont know. But that would be a nice $5000 profit if it sells.
Qarl
SOLD!!!!
Qarl
Think about the yellow 914 with the wooden interior that didn't meet reserver at $14K+ and this car at $14.5K. I'd rather have this car for that money...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.