Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vent Controls Trim Piece
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
My vent control is installed and I didn't want to pull it out to answer this question: Is the chrome trim piece removable from the vent control unit ?

My thought is to remove the vent controls and reinstall the chrome trim piece with a piece of plexiglass or metal in the middle. And possibly move my seat heater switches to that plate.

***It's a late car, '75
914werke
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 8 2015, 02:50 PM) *

My vent control is installed and I didn't want to pull it out to answer this question: Is the chrome trim piece removable from the vent control unit ?

My thought is to remove the vent controls and reinstall the chrome trim piece with a piece of plexiglass or metal in the middle. And possibly move my seat heater switches to that plate.

Yes on early control units the SS bezel is removeable
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 8 2015, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 8 2015, 02:50 PM) *

Yes on early control units the SS bezel is removeable

It's a '75.....
G e o r g e
Does yours have a Chrome trim ring?

Doesn't it look like this?

Click to view attachment

The black ring is part of the whole assembly.
SirAndy
The chrome trim is removable BUT you have to loosen the nut that holds the controls to the firewall and slide them out the dash, otherwise you *will* bend the trim.
shades.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Dec 9 2015, 04:40 PM) *

Does yours have a Chrome trim ring?

Doesn't it look like this?

Click to view attachment

The black ring is part of the whole assembly.

Mine is chromed metal. But a plastic one could work. How firmly are they attached ?
G e o r g e
my 75 had the black plastic like the picture, it doesn't come off the controls.

I pulled a 70 and it had the chrome ring that can be detached, but I don't see how it would hold a piece of plexi glass, I think you could make it attach to the plexi glass but nothing would be there to attach it to your dash
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Dec 9 2015, 05:20 PM) *

my 75 had the black plastic like the picture, it doesn't come off the controls.

I pulled a 70 and it had the chrome ring that can be detached, but I don't see how it would hold a piece of plexi glass, I think you could make it attach to the plexi glass but nothing would be there to attach it to your dash

Thanks. That's a start. Plexiglass or more likely metal. I think I can make an attachment. I'd like to fab-up the replacement unit before pulling mine. I'd be interested in buying your chrome ring if available...?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.