Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Told the Boss to Fuch himself!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
That should be enough!

But'

I increased Sales in my Segment 57% in 2 Years. AzzHat wanted me to take a Pay Cut.

finger.gif
carr914
I've got interest from Atlanta & Charlotte already!

Been in Tampa a long time - is it time to move?

ps. I do have a GF that wants to move in - a Good Time to disappear. I think Woody would Approve! confused24.gif
biosurfer1
Seriously... Pay cut in December?

Guy is a major azzhat
messix
take client list and no anti compete and run !!!!
bigkensteele
Found out in October that my job is going to India, so that our IT staff can be more "dynamic to our changing needs".

Spent 6.5 hours today training my replacements about localization and government compliance requirements for Brazil. Good luck with that, replacements.

Merry Christmas!
Pursang
Good idea to have a concrete offer on that other job FIRST, then say adios. Also, don't know if you are just kidding around but in spite of how good it would feel to let the boss know he is short-sighted, best just to say adios without giving in to emotion. My opinion only.
EdwardBlume
Just reviewed 2016 medical options today. If you work, changes are coming....
carr914
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 9 2015, 12:07 AM) *

Don't have a No Compete. Already have interest from 2 of my competitors. The newest is in Utah!
BIGKAT_83
Damn..... just when I was going to see if you could get me a deal on a Torgue arm and watts link set up for my F-body.

Good luck
Bat30265
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Dec 9 2015, 07:39 AM) *

Damn..... just when I was going to see if you could get me a deal on a Torgue arm and watts link set up for my F-body.

Good luck

Who's transferring IT to India? ( so I can Boycott them).
BT
carr914

Good luck

I going into the Office this am. I was going to just call in Sick, but that would make me be the Prick. Maybe he will come to his senses or it will be a short day! biggrin.gif

BTW I was going to do the same
carr914
QUOTE(Pursang @ Dec 9 2015, 12:24 AM) *

Good idea to have a concrete offer on that other job FIRST, then say adios. Also, don't know if you are just kidding around but in spite of how good it would feel to let the boss know he is short-sighted, best just to say adios without giving in to emotion. My opinion only.

He's a Narcissistic Pig! I'm mellow until you box me a corner, then

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Bat30265 @ Dec 9 2015, 07:59 AM) *

Good luck

BT

also curious who it is/much of this is outsourced but I know GE does all their own from the inside, not contracted , unless it is one of their subsidiary partners.
lots of companies have operations for both programing and IT management and develpement in India, but most are both, and the main reason is because of how our government taxes the corporation here vs over seas. IF we went back to how it was 100 years ago, we would be taxing on the foreign born income, not domestic, but now we do the opposite THAT is the biggest problem!.
anyway, my nephew is an exec for GE in Cincy and is in charge of a large division, mostly IT related, and its almost all domestic. My son however, just took a job offer from a company that is US based , primarily in Charolette NC and NYC, but has much operations in India as well. He will spend time in both locations but primarily here. there is a huge shift back this direction and they are hunting hard to find good smart U.S. born programers and code writers , and IT personnel. You still see this some, but it is happening less and less.
mbseto
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 9 2015, 12:24 AM) *

Found out in October that my job is going to India, so that our IT staff can be more "dynamic to our changing needs".

Got any PLM experience? If you do and you're looking, message me.

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Dec 9 2015, 08:48 AM) *

my nephew is an exec for GE in Cincy and is in charge of a large division, mostly IT related, and its almost all domestic.

Geez, I might be working for your nephew...
falcor75
I've been working for a big engineering Company that had people employed in India and we were encouraged to use them to unload ourselves.

The problem is that when you have to spend an hour to make detailed instructions on what has to be done. Send the work out, wait a few days for it to come back, then go thru it to find the mistakes (yes there were alway some), explain again what corrections they need to make and even then it wasnt always ok on the second attempt... So often it was better to spend the 3-4 hours doing it yourself.

headbang.gif

"A late project can never be put back on time by adding more Manpower towards the end" - wise Words too few managers have Heard... biggrin.gif
bretth

also curious who it is/much of this is outsourced but I know GE does all their own from the inside, not contracted ,

GE is a major out sourcer. Many, many contractors. Saw many jobs disappear overseas and minor incidents turned into outages afterwards.
iamchappy
Its happening everywhere, big corporations are bracing for another economic crash, My wife works for a major international company, just this month they told everyone they have to take a week furlough each month. The government is lying about the state of the economy it is far worse then they want to admit ..
SirAndy
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2015, 07:12 PM) *
... to Fuch himself

It's Fuchs with an s at the end!
biggrin.gif

Also, due to the political undertone in the responses, i'm inclined to move this to the sandbox ...
poke.gif
Grelber
My son works for Dell. His division just laid off 1/2 the people and moved the jobs to India. Luckily he was part of the 1/2 that was kept.
krazykonrad
The best revenge is not giving a shit.

Best of luck with everything.

Konrad
DavidSweden
Yes I have done that.

At the time it felt good to tell the boss man to where to go as I felt he had crossed the line and compromised my integrity.
On reflection many years later I now feel that it was a weakness of character on my part that I let the prick get me mad.

I am of course only speaking of the experience I had and each situation is different.

Good luck

r_towle
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 9 2015, 01:09 PM) *

... to Fuch himself

biggrin.gif

Also, due to the political undertone in the responses, i'm inclined to move this to the sandbox ...
poke.gif

It's Ross Perots fault.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 9 2015, 05:43 PM) *

... to Fuch himself

biggrin.gif

poke.gif

It's Ross Perots fault.

Just before he died, Gene Roddenberry admitted the Ferengi in Star Trek were modeled after Ross Perot.

(Yea... I am a Star Trek geek.... )
mgp4591
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 9 2015, 04:52 AM) *

Don't have a No Compete. Already have interest from 2 of my competitors. The newest is in Utah!

We'd welcome you out here- it's not as bad as some would have you think! I realize that snow is an unknown factor in Florida however... shades.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Dec 9 2015, 03:18 PM) *

Yes I have done that.

At the time it felt good to tell the boss man to where to go as I felt he had crossed the line and compromised my integrity.
On reflection many years later I now feel that it was a weakness of character on my part that I let the prick get me mad.

I am of course only speaking of the experience I had and each situation is different.

Good luck

Wow.

Nice post.

We can all take a lesson from those words.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Bat30265 @ Dec 9 2015, 04:59 AM) *

BT

http://www.computerworld.com/article/30026...o-to-india.html

They are trying to put lipstick on the pig for an IPO. I know that it is not personal, and as long as I am getting paid, I will do what I am asked to do. But it sure doesn't feel very good!

No PLM experience to whomever asked before. I am a JDE technical guy/team lead for you fellow nerds.
carr914

... to Fuch himself

biggrin.gif

poke.gif

No Problemo!
carr914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Dec 9 2015, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 9 2015, 04:52 AM) *

We'd welcome you out here- it's not as bad as some would have you think! I realize that snow is an unknown factor in Florida however... shades.gif

I grew up in Upstate New York, I know about Snow than you will ever see.

Utah I don't think will work. I talked to the Guy and it would be a few Months off

Unless I get 3 or 4 Hot Bi-Sexual Wives when I cross the State Border sheeplove.gif
carr914
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Dec 9 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Yes I have done that.

Good luck

That is why I showed up today, otherwise that would make me the Asshole! I'll be gone on my schedule
JoeDees
My job sucks, but it has security; this post has me scared of life in the civilian world.
r_towle

I bet George is looking for help. You would be an asset to him he could not replace, and you guys would get along soooooooo well.

Rich
KELTY360
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 9 2015, 06:41 PM) *

I bet George is looking for help. You would be an asset asshat to him he could not replace, and you guys would get along soooooooo well.

Rich

Fixed it for you Rich. happy11.gif
carr914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Dec 9 2015, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 9 2015, 06:41 PM) *

I bet George is looking for help. You would be an asset asshat to him he could not replace, and you guys would get along soooooooo well.

Rich

Fixed it for you Rich. happy11.gif

˙llǝʍ oooooooos ƃuolɐ ʇǝƃ plnoʍ sʎnƃ noʎ puɐ 'ǝɔɐldǝɹ ʇou plnoɔ ǝɥ ɯᴉɥ oʇ ʇǝssɐ uɐ ǝq plnoʍ no⅄

You got that flipped

tdgray
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Dec 9 2015, 01:04 PM) *

Its happening everywhere, big corporations are bracing for another economic crash, My wife works for a major international company, just this month they told everyone they have to take a week furlough each month. The government is lying about the state of the economy it is far worse then they want to admit ..

Amen brother... business is in the toilet in my industry... won't be long till it hits the general economy dry.gif
Mike Fitton
If you are in the Technology industry you are screwed!!
r_towle
Meeting with my boss now, never fun
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 11 2015, 07:53 AM) *

Any particular area of Tech that you're seeing this downturn? I'm working with Intel and it doesn't seem to be slowing down- most of our indicators are showing good signs of growth. Things can change in a hurry tho... idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 11 2015, 06:53 AM) *

People have been saying that for the last 30 years and yet i'm still here.

I survived the dot-com implosion while being right in the middle of it all here in the bay area.

I'll be fine ...
shades.gif
andrewb
This is how to quit with style - as told to me by my brother in law several years ago.

He made sure he was the last to leave on a Friday night.

He left a signed note on the bosses desk. It said 'I quit'. Nothing else.

He then started up his company car, put the lights on, and - with the second key and good timing - he set the central locking, closed the drivers window AND threw the second key through the window before it shut.

The result - boss comes in on Monday to find car locked, keys inside, battery flat, no fuel.

Always admired him for that. Who would do a thing like that - well he's from New Jersey.
mepstein
When I left Sallie Mae, I shook my bosses hand and said thank you for the opportunity. I saw him at the supermarket the next day. Delaware is a small world.

I tell my current boss to fuch himself everyday. But it's scott. T.C. understands.
Series9
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 8 2015, 10:33 PM) *

I've got interest from Atlanta

Auto Atlanta?..... beer.gif
carr914
NO!
914-300Hemi
I just resigned from my company after 14 years of service. My stupid boss never even offered if there is anything they can do to keep me but the department I serve is now asking me to put a list together stating I would stay if......

Just proves that my boss does not appreciate or realize what I do for the organization except for the people I serve.

My concern is that I could make these requests and they can promise the world but I would be sheeplove.gif if they don't follow thru.

I have already accepted a job with a big organization and if I stayed I would be burning that bridge as well.

The sad part is giving your heart and soul to an organization is no longer rewarded.

Why couldn't they have come up with a things they would change instead of racking my brain on what I want if they really want to keep me.

Off to making the list and asking for 100 million dollars and that I want to get paid for doing nothing. happy11.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Dec 12 2015, 09:14 AM) *

The sad part is giving your heart and soul to an organization is no longer rewarded.

Thats why I just shake my head when I hear about upper management complaining that workers aren't loyal any more, as they finish their latest email about how benefits are being cut back.
sixnotfour
Off to making the list and asking for 100 million dollars and that I want to get paid for doing nothing.

I hear that,
Katmanken
TC,
Good luck with the hunt for a new job. It's a really rough market out there and jobs are few and far between. The big companies are really determined to replace their workers with green card workers. I worked for Hey and Hey and they got me. Cafe Pharma used to have a whole special section for the Hey and Hey IT workers that were displaced. That process went on for years and now if you google Hey and Hey IT, a map of Inda pops up with 2 red dots for IT centers. Disney recently hired an indian manager and the US IT department got axed- but not before they trained their indian replacements.

The fired Disney workers got a mean nasty attorney, and there is a class action lawsuit in place. Disney, GE, Facebook, Apple, J&J, etc of course, need more H1B visas to replace the IT and older workers they are firing in droves.
]Article on Disney

One bright shiring pot is material handling. Amazon, Fedex and all the big on line ship to mail companies need systems and it's booming. Bigkensteel, try Intelligrated in Mason, we needed 130 more workers, a lot in IT. Unfortunatlely, Amazon wants to replace everyone with robots

Best of luck guys.....
mbseto
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Dec 12 2015, 11:14 AM) *

I just resigned from my company after 14 years of service. My stupid boss never even offered if there is anything they can do to keep me but the department I serve is now asking me to put a list together stating I would stay if......

Just proves that my boss does not appreciate or realize what I do for the organization except for the people I serve.

Went through the same song and dance at my employer. After talking with some friends at other jobs in the industry, it looked like my company was pretty behind the times. Asked my boss about what they would do to retain people, he gave me some sob story about hard times. Left for a contracting job and 18 months later came back to my old company at a significantly higher level. Much higher than they would have needed to just keep me in the first place. I hear the same story from peers all the time.
AndyB
QUOTE(DirtyCossack @ Dec 9 2015, 09:41 PM) *

My job sucks, but it has security; this post has me scared of life in the civilian world.

Don't worry what others say. I retired right in the middle of the recession. I was making a living. That's all I heard was negativity about getting out. BOttom line up front there are plenty of jobs, you just have to be willing to look and decide for yourself if getting out is the right decision for you and your family. Your the only one that will know this. IMHO.

Andy.
76-914
I remember hearing this as a young man when many kids in my trade were looking at a future in computers; The plumber and farmer will be the last two folks that go out of business. shades.gif
gandalf_025
Many years ago I told the son of one of the owners of a place I worked for
what a useless piece of shit he was... That he was a result of "lucky sperm"
Felt great at the time.. And it was true...............

Since then, the Printing Industry has died and the asshole used his moms
money to buy into one of last real Commercial Printing Companies in commuting distance.

Guess who has made it all but impossible for me to get a job...............................
Yeah, small world and smaller Industry...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.