https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsFg6fYok3k
Andyrew
Sounds good! Whats racing?
Mueller
Love it!
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 9 2015, 07:39 AM) *

It's a DE, not actually "racing" (wink, wink)...hosted by Audi club of Ohio and H.O.D. ....only two, count 'em two Audi's there, lots of Mustangs, 'Vettes, & Porsches, couple of sweet Ferraris smokin' up the track....amazing sounds. piratenanner.gif.
Bruce Hinds
I'm not sue if this is the proper place to post this but it's a sound related question that I've wondered about for a long time.

Most engine of a similar design will sound about the same - V8s of different manufactures sound similar as to V6s or flat6s. Why does the suby 4 sound so different that the porsche or VW4? Most of the subys I've heard sound like they're only running on 3 cylinders.
bretth
Awesome. Reminds me when I was a kid in the 80 and Islip Speedway (home of the first demolition derby and part of NASCAR at one time) in Islip NY used to be right down the block from me. Every Saturday night you heard the sound of engines roaring through the neighborhood. Until they closed it down in 1984.

Brett
Bruce Hinds
QUOTE(bretth @ Dec 9 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Awesome. Reminds me when I was a kid in the 80 and Islip Speedway (home of the first demolition derby and part of NASCAR at one time) in Islip NY used to be right down the block from me. Every Saturday night you heard the sound of engines roaring through the neighborhood. Until they closed it down in 1984.

Brett

I loved going there as a kid, late '50's to early 60's. That was a special track, paved short banked ova, I think it was first a midget trackl. Every seat was a great one - I remember cleaning the rubber off my face when I got home, we used to like to sit at the end of the turns - you could see the rubber marks they put down as they came out of the turns.
piratenanner.gif
somd914
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Dec 9 2015, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 9 2015, 07:39 AM) *

It's a DE, not actually "racing" (wink, wink)...hosted by Audi club of Ohio and H.O.D. ....only two, count 'em two Audi's there, lots of Mustangs, 'Vettes, & Porsches, couple of sweet Ferraris smokin' up the track....amazing sounds. piratenanner.gif.

Typical Audi event... The DC area Audi club runs some nice HPDEs but few club members show up in Audi...

Agree, nice sound bite, thanks!
somd914
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 11:30 AM) *

I'm not sue if this is the proper place to post this but it's a sound related question that I've wondered about for a long time.

Most engine of a similar design will sound about the same - V8s of different manufactures sound similar as to V6s or flat6s. Why does the suby 4 sound so different that the porsche or VW4? Most of the subys I've heard sound like they're only running on 3 cylinders.

Unequal length headers is the common claim - in the case of my Legacy GT, the driver side tubes route over to the up-pipe on the passenger side, thus passenger side tubes are much shorter.
messix
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Dec 9 2015, 08:30 AM) *

firing order http://www.rahul.net/ddoudna/Subaru/boxer_engine_sound.html
messix

firing order, both cylinders fire on the same side of the engine then the other side, different than the vw firing orfer. http://www.rahul.net/ddoudna/Subaru/boxer_engine_sound.html
somd914
QUOTE(messix @ Dec 10 2015, 02:24 AM) *

firing order, both cylinders fire on the same side of the engine then the other side, different than the vw firing orfer. http://www.rahul.net/ddoudna/Subaru/boxer_engine_sound.html

Interesting read, thanks for the info. As for unequal header lengths, it does make a difference but not all of it...

Sorry for the hijack, and now back to regularly scheduled programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGykinGlPno
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.